“Poor service, overpriced, lousy food”

Giammarco’s Italian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Giammarco’s Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 156 Restaurants in Westerville
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Giammarco's Italian restaurant has been offering authentic Italian cuisine like our award winning pizza and Stromboli in Westerville Ohio since 1999. We are a family owned & operated Italian restaurant that uses our age-old family recipes with only the finest and freshest ingredients available. We have catering options for all types of special occasions. Our restaurant offers off site catering as well as a private dining room for group functions. Our staff will accommodate all of your needs and special requests. Let us do all the work and let you enjoy a glass of your favorite wine or beer from our large selection. We will make your dining experience so memorable that you will keep coming back again and again. Stop by or check us out online for a complete menu and pricing options.
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Had dinner with two other couples here last eve. Service was very, very, poor. Food was also nothing to brag about. Portions were small and taste was non-existent. Prices were not in line with portion size, way to expensive for what you got. Would not recommend you waste your time here. I had indigestion all night from the Italian Sub. Not a good experience at all, will never return.

1  Thank 0421thetruth

Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

I had the sampler dinner. The whole thing was like eating rubber. Salads were good, the rest was some of the worst Italian food I have ever had. The building and atmosphere is great, service is marginal.

1  Thank norsecfo
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Ok I have cooled down a bit before writing this review however someone needs to review this way the way it should be.

We have lived in Westerville our whole life and I have personally eaten pizza in many locations in the states and abroad. Every Sunday we have pizza night and this is one of the shoppes we used to support frequently however they have lost us as customers.

We ordered three strombolis and three pizzas. This shoppe swears in showing you the food before you pay which I personally think is odd and when doing so she dumped two pizzas and two strombolis on the floor. She then freaked and offered me a discount saying they would remake them in 10 minutes, yah right. So I went along with it since I had never had a bad experience before. 20 minutes later I see her retrieve from a "hot box" the stuff that didnt get dropped paired with the "new" stuff they remade. So I have hit box food not what I wanted and some fresh hot pizzas. I did not want a discount or free food I just wanted it all to be equal on quality for our family pizza night. The pizza is too expensive to for poor quality. So I called over the manager and he obviously has zero food management skills or people skills. I made him aware that I didn't want free food or money back just consistent food, not "hot box" food.

This place used to have great service and food, guess the new location went to their heads it's just not what it used to be, bummer.

1  Thank FoodandLodgeXpert
Reviewed May 20, 2013

My husband and I like to eat here a few times a month. The parking is great now that they've moved. I love the pizza and they always have my anchovies which I know isn't very common. The only thing I don't like is their bread. It's not Italian in the least and not very tasty. I miss good Italian bread when we eat there.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

My family decided to try Giammarco's tonight for the first time. I would not consider the food 'authentic Italian' rather Americanized Italian, but it was rather good none the less. The food was reasonably priced for what you get. Above all though, I was impressed by the service. Our server was very attentive and made the dining experience well worth while. Overall, we had a great time and will return again.