“Good Start, Need work” 3 of 5 bubbles

Yabo's Tacos
Ranked #18 of 154 Restaurants in Westerville
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Memphis, Tennessee
“Good Start, Need work”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2012

The Good: the concept, the food (not real Latino, but good). The Bad: use of styrofoam (argh!), bad wine (cheap Chilean, Argentinian), too many IPAs (seriously, most American microbreweries make crap beer) and a smug bar manager (looks will only get you so far in life). A "get in, get out" kind of place with good prices.

• 2 of 5 bubbles

Columbus, Ohio
“It's just okay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

I stopped by Yabos Tacos for a quick lunch. The girl taking my order was awesome - very friendly and helpful with suggestions. I ordered a chicken taco on a white corn tortillas shells and chips and guac. The taxi was good, nothing crazy...the chips were okay and the guac was alright. It wasn't the worst I have ever had, but not the best either. The place was very busy, even towards the end of the lunch hour. I did like their serrano chili line sauce - definitely a flavor booster. Overall, great service, just okay food.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Columbus, Ohio
“Big disappointment.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2011

We were anxious to try the new Yabo's Tacos, however it turned out to be a big disappointment. We got the chips and guacamole and didn't even eat them. The guac was so bland and flavor-less. I even asked the waitress if they forgot to mix in something, but she said that was how they made it. I got a ground beef quesadilla with refried beans and my husband got a burrito. Everything was bland and really lacked flavor. Probably the worst Mexican food we've ever had. Too bad, we love to support local businesses, however we won't be going back.

• Visited September 2011