“Inexpensive Option” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Westerville
Bright, Indiana
“Inexpensive Option”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night, room was clean, no problem w check-in. I paid cash because I was told if I use a debit card to pay for the room, 15% extra will be added to my card initially but would come off later (?). Lots of shopping & restaurants around. Felt safe. Cereal, fruit, & danish/muffins for breakfast. Would stay here again.

Stayed May 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Lexington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

My husband and I were on a business trip for a one night stay in early April 2014. We arrived later in the evening and utilized the drive thru check in. This was a very interesting first. The young lady at the front desk was very cordial and check in was quite smooth. We had a ground level room and parked right outside our door. We took our belongings in before going in search of dinner. The room had a slight musty smell but just having the door open for a minute or two got rid of it. At first glance, I was impressed with the cleanliness of the room. Floor was clean, pillows on the bed were lined up and everything was in order. We had a mini fridge that was already cold. The sink is outside of the toilet/shower. Clean sink, everything orderly. Toilet/Shower area was clean. Bathtub was in good shape. Small rust stain near drain but that is to be expected. Had one of the shower curtains that comes out from the tub so gave some extra room. A small bar of soap and a Pantene shampoo/conditioner travel size bottle was there for our use. We had a room with a king size bed. Only two bath towels were in the room. So it appears, they provide just enough towels for the room capacity. Being there one night, we of course didn't require any extra. The room also had a hair dryer, iron and ironing board. Overall, I was impressed with the room and very happy with how clean it was.
Getting to the hotel is a little weird. When we got off the exit, a left was needed to enter the hotel parking lot, which we couldn't do b/c of a median. You have to go down and turn down a street and wind your way to the hotel. No big deal though.
If you arrive later in the evening be prepared to eat pizza or McDonald's. The town of Westerville closes up early. We arrived about 9pm on a Thursday night and most restaurants were closed already.
The walls of the hotel are a little thin. We could hear everything going on in the room next to us. Luckily our neighbors were not loud. There were a few people outside making noise we could hear but it seemed to stop around 11:30pm. The bed was not the most comfortable. I tossed and turned all night. Not due to noise, just seemed to keep waking up and couldn't get comfortable no matter how hard I tried.
Continental breakfast was very basic the next morning. Cereal, danish, muffins and juice.
Overall, in my opinion, this is a good quick trip hotel. I don't know that I would have wanted to stay here multiple nights; just b/c I couldn't sleep very well from the not so soft bed.
We paid $74 which included all the fees and taxes and I booked directly through the Red Roof website. I feel that for the quality of the hotel this may have been a little overpriced. If you can get a room for say $50-$60, then that would be a better price for the quality of the hotel.
I ended up being satisfied with the room. As from my rating, middle of the road - not great but not bad either. I do recommend this hotel for a quick stay when you just need a clean place to rest your head for the night.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Walkermama
Reno, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

I've stayed there 3 times now. The front desk crew are always the same friendly folks. Everything done quickly and they have always followed through w special requests. The breakfast is not great but I always have cereal apple and coffee. Can't ruin that. Good location. Our daughter goes to college nearby and 2 major retail mega stores are 1-2 minutes away. Westerville downtown is adorable.

• Stayed March 2014
Geneva, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

We checked in on 2-13-14 and checked out 2-16-14. We were in town for a Fiery Foods Show at The North Market (which was an excellent show). The rooms were clean. It was nice to have a microwave and mini-frig. However on the second morning there was no warm water. On the third morning the water was lukewarm so I showered quite quickly before it was cold.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Robintravel2014
Chris M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus Northeast-Westerville, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
We're sorry to hear about the lack of hot water for your stay. We have had that boiler issue looked at and rectified. We thank you for taking the time to let us know of the situation that could have become a major issue. We hope that if your travel plans ever bring you to the area again, you will give us another chance to provide exceptional service to you.

Travelers are raving about these Westerville hotels

Covington, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

The room was nice and clean. The hotel is in a nice safe area so this is a good choice if you have kids. It is located in the middle of lots of shops and restaurants. Walmart is less than mile away. I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for taking the time to write of your stay at our Red Roof Inn. Our goal is to provide all our guests with a great positive experience. I will pass all of your kind words onto my staff they always enjoy hearing about guests who have positive stays. We hope if your travels ever bring you this way again you will give us another opportunity for us to exceed your expectations
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

I came in to town for a class for work and stumble upon this hotel. It was a little confusing to get to but once I found out how to get in I was satisfied. Room was priced reasonably and to my surprise, the room was actually pretty good. Bed was comfortable, service desk personal was polite. For sure no complaints here. Would recommend anyone to stop in for a one nighter.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jimhandy1983
Chris M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus Northeast-Westerville, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to tell everyone about your experience at my Red Roof Inn. I will certainly pass on your comments to my staff. They all appreciate your kind words. We hope if your travel plans bring you to our area you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.
Massillon, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This hotel was what you would expect. No frills, rooms a little run down, but all in all not a bad place to stay. Nice outdoor pool. Suggestion, bring your own towels for the pool because they don't seem to take kindly to giving up any extra towels. Also, if you have more than two adults in the room, ask if they have the number of towels to meet the number of people staying in the room. It had refrigerator, microwave, tv, alarm clock, coffee maker and hair dryer. Nice for just a stop in overnight, I wouldn't stay for longer than a couple days though. Breakfast consisted of cereal, muffins and fruit. They also had coffee/tea/hot chocoate. I guess for the money it was satisfactory. Oh, and their "fitness facility" consists only of a treadmill and stairstepper - NOT a fitness facility by far.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westerville
Ramada Columbus Polaris
#35 of 141 in Columbus
4.0 of 5 stars 206 reviews
Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus/Polaris
Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus

Been to Red Roof Inn Columbus Northeast-Westerville? Share your experiences!