“Checked in to an occupied room!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Westerville
West Chester
“Checked in to an occupied room!”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I stayed at this location for 2 nights for a business trip. When my meetings were over the first day I checked in at the front desk and went up to my room. The key I was given opened the assigned room door and was I ever surprised when I walked into the room and found another guest's belongings already in the room! Thank goodness I didn't walk in on a person! I went back to the front desk and told the person who checked me in who immediately realized what he did. As he was giving me a new room I let him know that I was pretty shaken up about this and as I woman traveling solo I wasn't feeling too safe or comfortable with the hotel. He said, "What do you want me to do, your room is already taken care of (by my employer)." I wasn't looking for something free, just expressing my great hesitation about staying. The manager did offer to send me to a different hotel but at that point it wasn't worth the inconvenience. Needless to say, I didn't not sleep well for two night. Every time I heard a door open or close or voices in the hall I would wake up worried that someone was trying to get in my room. I only give this hotel a poor rating instead of terrible because the staff who took care of our meeting room was great.

Room Tip: No matter where you are in the hotel you will be able to hear nearby doors open and close.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Quinn M, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Dear LauraG, We are very sorry for your poor experience regarding safety and security you endured while staying at our hotel. Rather than make excuses of how a breach of security such as this occurred, we simply want to send our sincerest apologies and know that we understand your discomfort over this situation. While mistakes do sometimes occur, we take this particular one very seriously and will do everything within our power to ensure it does not happen again. We are glad to hear that your meeting was outstandingly serviced by the staff, and you were very fair in pointing that out under the circumstances. Thank you for your candid feedback, and again we apologize and will work hard to make sure this does not happen in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Olmsted Falls, Ohio
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We were very impressed with this hotel. The suites were a great size and the bathroom had a good deal of space. The hotel was very clean and the staff had a very good knowledge of the area and places to eat.

In looking at hotels in the Polaris area of Columbus, this one should be on the top of your list. The hotel is set a bit back off the road and it made for a very quite stay. The breakfast area was large and had the standard breakfast foods found at other hotels.

After staying at several hotels in the area, I can say we will choose this hotel again and again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank mash62
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Newer Fairfield is a good option in the Polaris area - nicely decorated, clean, comfortable beds, convenient location. Polaris has a huge mall and every restaurant known to man within a few minutes of the hotel. Note that you are across the highway from the main mall - but this is just a few minutes by car. Checkout time is later than some of the other Marriott chains - 12 noon at this location.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank sheaf01
Fort Wayne, IN
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Rooms very nice and clean. Feels like a new hotel. Suites spacious and nice to have sofa bed 2 TV's in room with children. Great staff! Will definitely stay here again. The only issue was the breakfast area was very crowded with guests and only 1 person refilling the items, but that's what we get for waiting until almost 9a to go down to breakfast. So did every other guest!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank c0rgi1
Quinn M, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear c0rgi1, Thank you for taking time to review your stay at the Fairfield Inn and Suites Polaris! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your accomodations. We work hard to ensure our hotel remains looking new, even though we are approaching our fourth anniversary. It sounds as though you had some great customer service experiences; we take pride in delivering the best customer service in the area! We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Columbus!
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I usually stay at Hilton family hotels. This hotel is nicely laid out with a friendly staff. The rooms are a nice size. Hotel was very quiet, and has a dedicated traffic light to get in/out of the property. Hotel backs up against a Hampton Inn, so there isn't too much road noise. All of my meetings were early morning so I can't comment on the breakfast.

Room Tip: Give yourself extra time if you are traveling in the afternoon. Getting off the 71 N onto Plolaris...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank onebadgolfer
Quinn M, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Dear onebadgolfer, We are very pleased to hear that you gave our Fairfield Inn and Suites a chance being a loyal Hilton member! It sounds as if you were here for a business meeting, perhaps at the hotel, and did not have an opportunity to experience some of the amenities such as the complimentary breakfast or indoor pool. We are glad that you were able to enjoy a good night's rest, in part due to our quiet location. We hope that your positive stay with us will influence you to stay with Marriott more often in the future! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Winter Park, Florida
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Recently stayed at this Fairfield for the weekend and enjoyed it very much. Very professional and helpful staff. It was a Ohio State weekend, so the hotel was sold out, but the staff did a great job of restocking breakfast items which were a cut above most breakfasts that are included. Clean room and comfortable bed. Will return on my next visit to the Polaris area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Mulletk, We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us over a recent OSU game weekend! Thank you for commenting about our weekend breakfast staff; they are a great team and always work extra hard to ensure everything remains stocked through the morning rush. It sounds as if you enjoyed our Simmons Beauty Rest beds. We frequently receive great comments from guests on the comfort of the beds. Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at our hotel! We look forward to seeing you back again in the future!
Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night and was impressed. First impressions was a clean hotel, entrance and lobby were inviting and the wait staff were helpful. The place actually had a very nice smell, seems like the staff make sure that they use fresheners to keep it that way. Stayed in a standard room that had a sitting area with a tv that was separte from the actual bedroom area. In the bedroom there was another tv, the bed was fairly comfortable. The room's layout gave it a spacious feel and the decor was fresh and modern. The breakfast was ok, waffles, eggs, sausage and assorted fruits and cereal. The location was alittle off the main road that takes you to the polaris fashion mall which is the reason most people stay in thus area. There are plenty of eating and shopping locations about a mile down the road. I would come back to this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear liquidpromises, Thank you so much for your very positive review of our hotel! It sounds as if you stayed in one of the king studio suites and were able to take advantage of the extra room that set up has to offer. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our upgraded complimentary breakfast, which now includes hot items such as scrambled eggs and bacon, as well. Many reviewers comment about what a great location we have being near all the Polaris attractions, but being slightly off the beaten path, away from most of the conjestion and noise that Polaris Parkway can sometimes bring. We are very pleased to hear you had such a great stay with us and trust that we will see you again when your travels bring you back to the Columbus area!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westerville
Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris
Candlewood Suites Polaris
Candlewood Suites Polaris
#67 of 143 in Columbus
Cambria hotel & suites Columbus - Polaris

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris? Share your experiences!