Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewswafflesfoam platesquest centernice hotelking suiteotterbein universityroom was cleanbit northfull length mirrorhot cold breakfastwould stay here againthe breakfast areabusiness hotelblackout curtainsmicrowave and mini fridgehotel is locatedstandard fare
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 25, 2012

This was our first time staying at a Fairfield Inn, It was great the rooms were clean and had plenty of room, the breakfast was the usual fair but it had a large place to sit and eat. this hotel is fairly new. There are a lot of places to stay right around this hotel, but for the money I would pick this one

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Stayed here one night for a wedding in the area. Location was great with lots of restaurants nearby. Check in was friendly and quick and our room was clean and pleasant. No sleep issues, bed was comfortable. Great water pressure in the shower and I was pleased to find a real blow dryer not one of those awful ones that are attached to the wall. Breakfast area was spacious and selections were excellent. I especially appreciated the fruit cups which are not offered at the chain I most often use when traveling. Breakfast staff was friendly and helpful. The only reason I did not give this property five stars was that the elevators were having issues all weekend and we ended up having to mostly use the stairs because they were so slow. I would stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Excellent reception - goes the extra mile. I am Marriott Platinum and got an upgrade room, better than the many I get at full service Marriotts. Wonderful bed. Super clean. Breakfast was quite good and, at least the day I was there, ample seating. Only minor issue is the traffic around Polaris area can be slow - of course not Fairfield controlled. When in the area, I will stay here.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Quinn M, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your spacious suite and the expanded complimentary continental breakfast! We are proud to have a beautiful select service property that can compete with the luxuries of a hotel which offers more services. We appreciate you staying with us and hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Very up to date lobby and rooms. Comfy beds , extensive breakfast choices. Love the location near Polaris Mall. Everyone working here offers to help. This is my go-to spot when visiting Columbus. Look for weekend rates for a better deal.

• Stayed: September 2012

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel! We are glad to hear you enjoyed the contemporary decor and furnishings. We are fortunate to be in such a great location, close to many restaurants and the Polaris Mall. Service and cleanliness are two areas we take great pride in at our location and feel these help to set us apart from the competition. We look forward to seeing you again during your next visit to the Columbus area!

Reviewed September 29, 2012

My husband and I stayed here while attending the wedding of our friends in the area. It was the first time we'd stayed at a Fairfield Inn & Suites and it was the first time we were upgraded because of his Marriott Elite status.

The lobby was neatly decorated. The front desk staff was friendly and efficient. (It seemed like he worked there all weekend!) The hotel is conveniently located near I-71 and, because it's in the Polaris area, there are plenty of restaurants to choose from. It is easy to get in and out of the parking lot and there was sufficient parking available.

Our room was a suite. It had separate sitting area and a refrigerator. The bathroom was large. The entire suite was very clean.

The exercise room featured several cardio machines in addition to free weights. Although I did not use it, the pool appeared clean but was small.

I realize this is not Marriott's flagship line, but these issues kept this from being a top-rate (5 star) stay in my mind:
- The air conditioner was very noisy and didn't seem to be efficient. It came on frequently for only a few minutes at a time and rattled. This noise was more obvious the further one was away from the unit but still evident close to it, e.g. in bed.
- The towels were the thinnest I've ever encountered at a hotel. They were new but had a thread-bare texture and did not absorb water very well.
- While I appreciated breakfast, I was disappointed to find microwavable, pre-made breakfast sandwiches as the most substantial option available. This also created a large line at the microwave.

All that said, I would stay at this hotel again if we are visiting the northeast Columbus area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review of your experience at our hotel. It sounds as though you were able to take advantage of most of the hotels amenities during your stay. You will be glad to know that Marriott is in the process of upgrading both the linens and terry as well as continental breakfast for 2013! There will be several hot items, such as cooked eggs and sausage, offered by next year at this time. We regret to hear that your heating/air conditioning unit made a loud noise and prevented you from having a perfect night sleep. We are looking into the issue in the room you stayed and will have the noise remedied as soon as possible. Overall, it sounds as though as had a very pleasant experience and we appreciate you sharing all aspects of your stay. We look forward to having you as our guest again when travels bring you to the Columbus area!