“very nice stay”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Westerville
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Teen daughter and I came down a day early to shop at Polaris Mall prior to a softball tournament. Our stay here was nice. Everything was neat and clean. Nice breakfast and big breadkfast area: the young gentleman was awsome. Several people asked for things and he was very friendly and accomodating to everybody including myself (He got me a breakfast sandwich which they were out of.) Close to the mall and restraunts.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Quinn M, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

Thank you for your feedback and positive review of your July stay at our Fairfield Inn & Suites! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and were able to experience some fantastic customer service, particularly with the breakfast staff. We are fortunate to have such a prime location; close to the Polaris mall, over 70 restaurants, and to be within easy access to destination spots such as the Columbus Zoo. This makes us a perfect destination for families and summer leisure travelers such as yourself! We appreciate you taking the time to share your great experience with us. We hope that you will be staying with us again when your travels bring you back to the Columbus area!

Reviewed June 26, 2012

This is a very fresh and modern place in both the common areas and the guest rooms. Even my teenage son was wowed! The most impressive part for me was the way the staff went out of their way to be helpful. I hit to the breakfast room too late one morning and the staff member offered to get me anything I wanted or needed. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank formerexpatCT
Reviewed June 5, 2012

I stayed at the Fairfield for a brief getaway and found it clean (mostly) and comfortable. There was a bit of a line for check-in, but it went relatively fast. When going to my room from checking in, the floors around the elevator were wet because of lots of people using the pool. When I arrived in my room, the rooms were updated and everything looked nice, except the toilet seat was up. Not just the lid, but the seat. I hadn't seen that at hotels before, so I wasn't sure if that was their indicator that it was clean or if someone had come in and used it after they cleaned the bathroom, since the toilet paper was folded as if the bathroom had been cleaned.

I had a very quiet and comfortable stay, but do wish that there weren't giant spotlights to light up the hotel outside the windows. I like to wake up to the sunlight, so I hate using the blackout shades, but it was like daytime in my room with that light shining in!

Room Tip: Recommend a room that doesn't have the bright spotlight shining in the building.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 17, 2012

I stayed here for a conference at the Quest Business Center and was pleasantly surprised by the size of the room. It was clean and quiet the whole time I was there. Like other reviewers, I was surprised by how nice the room was. The breakfast was average. The internet was quite consistent and the speed was good, which is sometimes a problem at hotels. The business center is nothing more than 2 computers in the lobby, separated by half-walls, but worked fine for my printing needs. I would stay here again! The road is very busy, but there is a light at the hotel drive which really helps. It's a quick drive to I71 via Gemini Place and Westerville is a few miles down the road as well. There are lots of options for food within a 3 mile range as well. The only complaint is that my fridge had no freezer section like most of the mini-fridges do at hotels.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 18, 2012

we stayed this past weekend with extended family. three rooms total, all on 3rd floor. four small kids in our group (ages 5 to 8). pool small compared to marriott property pools but still good. typically we don't like fairfield inns as much as other marriott properties but this one was superior. nice, large, updated rooms with seperate sitting area and flat screen tvs, ipod dock station, radio, coffee maker, refigerator, microwave, etc. the continential breakfast area (free) was very roomy, larger than the past few residence inns we have stayed in. staff friendly. we had pizza delivered to the rooms for dinner one night. this hotel is only about 40 minutes from our home but we would definitely come back for a weekend stay. lots of restaurants, shopping, entertainment within minutes. overall, we were very happy with our choice.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Quinn M, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2012

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us during your "staycation!" We take pride in having a great, new product and are happy to be able to represent the Fairfield Inn & Suites brand as the newest hotel in Columbus. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future and very much appreciate your feedback!

Reviewed April 15, 2012

The hotel was clean which I appreciate almost more than anything else. The breakfast was good with a nice variety, setting it apart from other hotels in the area. I had a problem with noise. All night I was kept awake by constant coughing and doors closing. Walls must bet thin. Also, the traffic is fairly loud from nearby I-71. I usually sleep very well at hotels, but the noise made that impossible.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for you comments regarding your stay with us on April 16. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our excellent, expanded complimentary continental breakfast! However, we regret to learn that you experienced loud noise levels that kept you from enjoying a restful night's sleep. Please know that our front desk staff is always available and will be able to take care of any issues you may have such as this one, whether it would be to move you to another room or have the area in question monitored for noise. Again, we thank you for and value your feedback. We hope that we will be able to continue to serve you in the near future!

Reviewed April 12, 2012

Being on the low-end of the Marriott chain of hotels, Fairfield Inns are typically very basic and for some of the older ones, not very nice at all. Unexpectedly, this Fairfield Inn is at the top end of the chain. I'm not sure how old this hotel is, but it looks relatively new, which makes up for the "no frills" amenities. They also have an arrangement with the nearby Urban Active fitness center, which is one of the best fitness centers in the area.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westerville
Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris
#9 of 145 in Columbus
Candlewood Suites Polaris
Candlewood Suites Polaris
#61 of 145 in Columbus

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris? Share your experiences!