“Always exceptional”
Review of Bel Lago Waterfront Dining - CLOSED

Bel Lago Waterfront Dining
Cuisines: American, Italian, Mediterranean, Wine Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Scenic view, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: County Line Rd
Description: Bel Lago's mission is to bring Westerville and Greater Columbus the most fabulous waterfront dining experience in the area. The ambiance of the location on the pristine Hoover Reservoir is beautiful and relaxing -- the perfect backdrop for enjoying the creations of their exceptional kitchen team and a selection from the extensive wine list. Bel Lago's menu is designed with something for everyone -- from casual fare for enjoyment on the open terrace bar to high quality creative cuisine for a great dinner right here in your neighborhood.
Columbus, Ohio
“Always exceptional”
Reviewed November 7, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I have visited several times and I am always impressed by the efforts for a high quality experience.

Visited September 2013

Worthington, Ohio
“Great Restaurant & Great View”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We were there for a business lunch. Everything was terrific. The service was friendly and helpful. The menu had many interesting items; I had the shaved prime rib sandwich and my guest had the crab cakes. The view looking over the water is very special. This is easy to get to and well worth the trip.

• Visited October 2013
Pataskala
“First time, Friday night”
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Went here after watching the harvest moonrise over Hoover Reservoir because it was close. We were all concerned about what it would cost. The hostesses were not overly attentive to our entrance. The place was very busy at 8pm, but they could seat three of us immediately if we didn't want a view. Our server came quickly to take a drink order. We asked questions about the menu items, she was polite and helpful, but not relaxed. I had the feeling she just wanted us to get on with it. I ordered a Yuengling ($3.75 - 12oz. Bottle). My friend ordered wine by the glass ($8 - $9). Appetizers were the carpaccio ($10)- a large plate with arugula salad sitting on a fried polenta - husband couldn't eat it fast enough, reporting that it was one of the better one's he's eaten. My friend and I split the fried calamari and veggies. The veggies and calamari are both 'dusted' before frying, but the veggies are julienned, so even though the dusting was light, there was quite a bit of it, tasty as it was. Beet salad was nothing special or imaginative, so even though it tasted good, it was disapppointing. My husband loved the shrimp and sausage risotto because it was spicy, 6 - 8 good sized shrimp and mine had more sausage than his. We asked for it extra spicy so don't know the normal heat level. No garnish of any kind. ($18 each, I think) I was a little sorry I had changd my mind from the eggplant dish. I looked around while we waited for our food, the ceiling was open and covered with a sprayed insulation. The dining area is attractive but nothing memorable, except it was noisy. The service was good, food arrived quickly, but I can't say the place has any soul. You can get the same for less elsewhere. And on the night we visited we sat on the side of Hoover on a bench and watched the moonrise with no obstructions for free. The reviews here have me wondering if I shouldn't try brunch here. Other reviews have me wondering if regulars are given preferencial seating.

Columbus, Ohio
“Fantastic Dinner!”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

My husband and I went here for dinner for our anniversary. We went on a Tuesday evening and luckily got a table by the open windows overlooking the water. It was a beautiful evening and the view was great.

We were pleasantly surprised at how much we liked our dinner. We love good food and this dinner did not disappoint.

Our server Andy was great. Very polite and attentive.

We started with the Crab & Lobster Tower ($13) as an appetizer. This was probably the only thing we wouldn't order again. On the plus side, it was innovative and fresh, but we found it to be too salty. Also, I guess we expected something a little different. Maybe they should call it a terrine instead of a tower. We expected lump crab and lobster with avocado, and it's served more like a chunky guacamole with crab and lobster mixed in. Normally I find that restaurants don't use enough salt, however in this case I think it was too much.

I had the Pan Roasted Sea Bass ($32) with the leek mashed potatoes (PHENOMENAL) and Brussels sprouts. The sea bass normally comes with a squash puree, but I subbed the mashed potatoes and it was a great choice. The mashed potatoes were creamy and well seasoned. The Brussels sprouts were charred and cooked perfectly.

My husband got the Caesar salad ($8) and the Fungi Pizza ($14). I tried both and they were excellent. Very flavorful.

We shared the Salted Caramel Vanilla Bean Cheesecake ($8) and it was DELICIOUS!

They also serve two types of bread- a foccacia and a flatbread, along with a black olive tapenade, an EVOO and a boursin butter. Very tasty.

We are big fans of Cameron Mitchell restaurants because of the standards of service and food, and we're happy to find another restaurant in town that raises the bar- the food is fresh, innovative, made with quality ingredients and delicious. Simple food, done extremely well.

We also liked that the manager went from table to table to check in on the guests.

Great job Bel Lago!

• Visited September 2013
Sylacauga, Alabama
“Lobster Mac”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Went for lunch, nice early fall weather. Sat next to a window and the view was great. I asked some friends what were the two best things there and both said the Lobster Mac and cheese, and the brusell sprouts. I ordered both, and they were very good. However, the Lobster Mac was outstanding. The service was good, and the prices were not out of line for this kind of food.
I'd go back again for the Lobster Mac, if nothing else.

• Visited September 2013