“Wonderful Accomodation” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Murphin Ridge Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in West Union
Murphin Ridge Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 West Union B&B and Inns
Columbus, Ohio
“Wonderful Accomodation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012

Just spent two night in cabin #7 and would recommend this inn (and this cabin) highly. Everything is first rate in a beautiful, tranquail, pastoral location, but the most outstanding of all were the dinners. All ingredients as local and fresh as possible, outstanding preparation and presentation. Pricey, but worth it.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2012

I found Murphin Ridge online while searching for a birthday gift for my wife. The reviews were all overwhelmingly positive and the place looked beautiful on the web site, so I thought I'd give it a try. I was not disappointed. My wife and I both have busy lives with work and kid activities and we were looking for a quiet place to get away where we could enjoy each other's company for a couple of days.

We rented one of the cabins and it was perfect. So peaceful and intimate with a warm fireplace, big hot tub and wet bar. The owners were super friendly and made us feel welcome the entire time we were there. We got there late the first night so we missed dinner but we had dinner the next evening and it was delicious. The breakfasts were tasty as well.

I would highly recommend this place to anyone who like us is seeking a couple days away from the every day stresses of life. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed April 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed one night in Cabin #5. I was pleasantly surprised by the state-of-the-art amenities, yet rural feel and hospitality. This location is very easy to find and only a 1.5 hour drive from Cincinnati. My boyfriend and I will be back and think it's a great idea for a girls "Glamping" trip.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Middletown, OH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

My wife and I stayed the weekend at one of the nine cabins at Murphin Ridge, after first hearing about this rural establishment a year ago. Nestled in the heart of Amish and Mennonite farmland, Murphin Ridge is clearly a place for getting away from the normal trappings of everyday life and focus on interpersonal communication.

We can confirm the main points of the all of the prior reviews: the food is outstanding, the innkeepers and servers are all wonderful individuals focused on pleasing their clientele. The facilities are excellent, clean and well-maintained. We enjoyed walking the trails that are on the 142 acres of wooded and open land, and met a number of wonderful fellow guests. Innkeepers Darryl and Sherry go out of their way to make you feel like you are at home.

Reading our cabin diary provided good evidence of Murpin Ridge’s role in numerous relationships – there were several mentions of proposals and honeymoons. In fact, a couple that we met got engaged during our weekend there.

Beyond repeating the kudos in the other reviews, as dog lovers, we were touched by something I had not seen mentioned. Throughout the property, there are numerous mentions of “Red Dog,” on the trails, the menu, everyplace. “Red Dog” (his coloring) was a stray that had wandered onto the property and stayed for eleven years before he died in 2008. Quietly but prominently paying homage to the legacy of a stray dog that decided to make Murphin Ridge his home speaks well of the owners.

We look forward to staying again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Kennett Square
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2012

The owners, Darryl & Sherry, along with all the staff will make your experience at "The Ridge" a memorable one. Nowhere else can you find the accommodations, food, service & amenities, and surroundings as comfortable, delicious, professional, and comforting than at Murphin Ridge. After my third stay, I feel I'm not only a friend of those that work there, but a piece of the fabric that is the heart of Murphin Ridge.

Room Tip: All three of the cabins I've stayed in were great!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
cincinnati
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2012

Beautiful surroundings, lovely cabin with all the amenities, great food, great people. Dinner was very nice, Darrell and Sherry were wonderful hosts, the staff helpful and friendly, and the breakfast sublime.
What more can you ask for, and for me, it's just over an hour away and a million miles away. I really can't wait to get back; perfect R&R

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2012

This is our second trip to Murphin Ridge. The first time was seventeen years ago. The place is still truly amazing. We had a lovely room with fireplace and private bath. The view of the meadow and the roaming deer were priceless. Oh yes the food and service were the best. We ate two meals in the 200 year old inn and were just amazed. Next time we go we are going to try a cabin in the woods.
Thanks to the wonderful staff for helping my wife and I regenerate our marriage.

Room Tip: Stay in the Hummingbird room. Fireplace and view.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Union
Comfort Inn - Seaman
Comfort Inn - Seaman
#1 of 1 in Seaman
Shawnee Lodge and Conference Center

Been to Murphin Ridge Inn? Share your experiences!