“Wonderful Mom-and-Pop Home Cooking!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Xenia
“Wonderful Mom-and-Pop Home Cooking!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

The Pearson House is an outstanding Mom-and-Pop Restaurant specializing in home-cooked meals. We just had "lunch" there with friends and my ocean perch was stupendous! Too, the liver-and-onions individually ordered by the rest of my party of three looked absolutely scrumptious. They all attested that it definitely was--most delicious! A selection of 20+ homemade varieties of pie tempted one's sweet tooth. I choose coconut cream. Others had the apricot and pecan. All were absolutely over the top. And guess what? The bill for each subpart of two was right at $20.00. Holy cow! What a bargain. Each meal would have been $4.00 more down in Beavercreek. Love this place and plan to return soon.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Zechariah65

“very fresh food, seemingly made individually once we ordered”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

A family group of 10 of us arrived an hour before closing on a Friday evening, when the restaurant was busy. They were very accomodating, We thought we would share 2 tables of 5 each, but they were able to put us all together ..
While we waited, people in line with us recommended the ham loaf, mac & cheese, and the pies.

We tried all 3- agreed with the ham loaf (not as good as my mother's but still very good), and the pies were excellent. Didn't think the mac&cheese was anything special, but 2 out of 3 wasn't bad.

The fruit salad had freshly cut apples and banannas and the grilled vegetables were crunchy and fresh off the grill. Refills on all our drinks (iced teas and coffee) were frequent and the wai staff was very attentive.

Each of us had a delicious meal and I would recommend it for anyone interested in good home-cooked food.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Sbrecken1
Drexel, Ohio, United States
“I eat at a lot of Restaurants.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

Newly remodeled does not help the food taster any better because it was very bad! I had the pork tenderloin and it was the worst! I made my mind up halfway through my meal I will never eat there again.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank James L
West Milton, Ohio, United States
“Something Different”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

Nice people. good home cooking. prices are reasonable. Have served over 100,000 slices of pie. always someone in this place.

Visited September 2012
3 Thank ChannonFryman
West Milton, Ohio
“Pearson House newly remodeled”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

I have gone to Pearson House over the years but it was in need of good remodel. The restaurant was greatly improved by the work they had done recently and it looked great when I ate there for lunch today. The food was good ... they have the best salmon patties around. They have a big selection of sides for every palate ... from the weight conscious to the not so much. They are famous for their pies and have several to chose from including some specialty pies. I gave them a 5 just because they have improved so much. Sweet potato casserole is good. Corn fritters are good. Cole slaw and mixed grilled vegetables are good. They have a very nice fruit plate available as a side dish.

• Visited April 2013