“Bacon Waffle!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed February 23, 2013

My husband and I were staying in West Chester on Union Center Blvd for the weekend. We were up early on Saturday morning and getting hungry so we headed to Original Pancake House, about 2 mintues from our hotel. We arrived around 8:00am and were seated immediately. By the time we finished the place was getting crowded. Looks like it is a popular breakfast spot. I ordered fresh squeezed orange juice, Texas potatoes and the Bacon Waffle. The orange juice was as expected, the potatoes were okay (huge portion), nothing special, but the waffle was something to talk about. A large fluffy Belgian waffle with thick cut bacon crumbled into the batter while it's on the iron. I added a slight amount of butter and syrup and the waffle was heavenly. My husband had his usual, two eggs with bacon. He got pancakes with his meal and said they were delicious. They looked fluffy and the portion was large so he did not finish them. Service was great as well, including hostess, waitress, and the girl who takes payment at the counter. Prices were comparable to other sit down pancake/breakfast places. Glad we found this place.

1  Thank AudKat

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Although the prices are alot higher than most breakfast places it is definitely worth it. A very popular place sometimes you can wait awhile before you are seated. The pancakes have a nice yeasty flavor and are very good. Lots of flavor choices too. The crepes are super yummy. I like the sweet breakfast choices, my husband goes for the eggs & fried potatoes but he has always been happy. You leave with a full belly and a good feeling. Nice atmosphere.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

You won't be disappointed with their selection of pancakes, waffles, blintzes, crepes, as well as eggs, breakfast meats, etc. Always someone to refill your coffee too!

Reviewed August 4, 2012

It is that good. Filled with locals. Our experience was exceptional. We had french toast and pancakes with bacon and eggs and it was all GREAT. The server was busy but was very friendly and helpful. The almond cinnamon french toast was a delight. A young may at another table had the house specialty apple pancake and it looked wonderful. Next time through I'm taking my husband - breakfast is his favorite meal and this place is the place to get a great breakfast. Kid friendly, casual, neighborhood restaurant feel. Get off the Interstate and try this place......

Reviewed July 14, 2012

I took the kids for breakfast and it was terrible. Their signature pancakes were crusty and somewhat stale, the service was lousy, and the price was no bargain. Save yourself the hassle and go elsewhere for a good breakfast or brunch. There are much better options in our area so I won't be returning.