“Low on My List for Dining”

Mitchell's Fish Market
Reserve with OpenTable
Mitchell's Fish Market is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 200 Restaurants in West Chester
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Had a gift card to use and decided on lunch for my birthday. Server was average in attention to us, even though restaurant was not overly busy. In fairness, he may have been the only wait-staff in the dining area. He did answer all my questions regarding the menu. My partner said the clam Chowder was very good, but not terribly warm. He had the Big Fish Sandwich and thought it was good. I ordered the feature of the day, a 4oz lobster roll with an avocado aioli on a brioche bun, fries ordered very crisp and cole slaw. The sandwich was so tall I could not begin to eat it without deconstructing it, and the lobster was mild and tender. There was no aioli of any kind on it and the fries were barely warm, not very crisp. Cole slaw was just OK and only about 4 bites. All this for $15.99 at lunch. We shared the small version of their Shark Fin ice cream dessert. It was very small. We also ordered coffee, my partner's came steaming hot, mine lukewarm. Our server brewed a fresh pot and I finally got some hot coffee, after we had finished the dessert. When bringing all these to the attention of our server his reply was "I'll tell them about it". Total bill = $46.00. Would not choose this place if we had to pay!

1  Thank cathe r

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Busy week-end over Easter but 6 of us enjoyed dinner at Mitchell's. I am hard of hearing so it can be tough to hear inside on busy nights. Wait staff was flawless and my blackened tuna was cooked perfectly. The remashed potatoes were very good but the steamed vegetables a little too al'dente perhaps. Generous wine servings. Pricey? Yes. It is part of the Ruth Chris chain of restaurants. My wife and I had 1 appetizer, 2 entrees and 4 glasses of wine which came to $125 with tip. All fish dishes looked great and everyone at the table enjoyed their entrees. Parking is easy outside the restaurant.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

If you want decent seafood, you won't find it in Cinci or this area. Stick to the beef...or go to the coast.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Stopped by for Lunch during the week. Service was good never saw the difference in quality from the dining room to the lounge were I was. Soup could have been hotter but I'm picky about that. Scallops blackened which came with already desiginated sides not sure how I feel about that, I'm sure I could have changed something if I wanted to but was satisified with their picks. Will definately be back.

1  Thank 2IrishFans
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Had a nice New Year's Eve dinner with Crab Cakes, Lobster Bisque and a seafood platter. Crab Cakes were meaty and full. Had to search to find much lobster in the bisque, but still enjoyed. We found it was a good idea to go for an early meal because it does get crowded later.