“Good Food - Too noisy!”

Mitchell's Fish Market
Reserve with OpenTable
Mitchell's Fish Market is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 200 Restaurants in West Chester
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Mitchell's has good food and the prices are not too high. There are way too many tables packed into this place and you barely have room for the plates on the tiny tables they have. Don't come here for romance or stimulating conversation as it is so crowded you won't hear each other.

There are newer reviews for Mitchell's Fish Market

Reviewed September 25, 2012

On September 14th, I, my wife, and some friends went to dinner at Mitchell's Fish Market. Not only was the food great, but our server was absoutely fantastic! I was so impressed with her, that I left her more than a 20% tip. We were not hurried, and we all had a variety of different dishes, and everyone was beyond satisfied.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Went last night. Waiter (Chandler) was exceptional. Had a filet and lobster tail, the special, and it took three "goes" to get it Medium. Both the waiter and the Manager were very attentive to the issue and were obviously embarrassed that their kitchen couldn't get it right. Medium shouldn't be that hard to do. They handled it well and the Manager took my dish off the bill, which he didn't have to do, but he insisted. Mistakes happen but it's how they handle it that makes all the difference. We will go again.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

We went early on a Wednesday night. Service was superb as expected with no crowd. My only complaint was they did not offer more bread which is nice and chewy sourdough by the way. I have a severe shellfish allergy so they took precautions for my food. I ordered blackened tilapia with red beans and rice and skillet green beans. My wife had crab legs with a baked potato and asparagus. Portions are adequate but not huge. Food was excellent except for vegetables which is our fault since we do not normally like crunchy green beans and asparagus but we felt like trying them anyway. Red beans and rice were really good. My wife's meal was from a special menu which included a mini sharkfin pie for dessert which was a nice ending after a rich, slightly spicy dinner. Entrees rage in price from 12-30 dollars. Most fish is in the high teens and other seafood is more. They do have a nice looking happy hour with tapas style appetizers for 5-6 dollars.

Reviewed June 12, 2012

I was here for a business dinner with a fellow traveler. Busy for a Monday - this is obviously a popular spot. We had a reservation and dining room was full by 6. Service was lackluster, with a very slow greet. Oysters were the high point of the meal. Unfortunately the main course was very slow with a great piece of salmon horribly overcooked - requested on the rare side of medium, came out well done. Mistakes happen, but at this level and price that plate should never have left the kitchen. The other in my party had a mixed grill which was "just o.k.".

1  Thank GroovyDeus