“A very clean hotel with one minor issue.”

Courtyard Cincinnati North at Union Centre
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in West Chester
Reviewed July 19, 2014

This Courtyard by Marriott is located in a nice and safe area north of the Cincinnati Metro Area. I chose this hotel since I would be spending the weekend at nearby Kings Island. The rooms are very clean and the beds are comfortable. I had a wonderful nights sleep. The hotel decor is very fresh and current. The hotel offers ample parking even on nights when they are sold out. My only issue with this hotel is that my reservation had somehow been changed even though I had reserved with a credit card and called to reconfirm my reservation. After a long day of riding roller coasters with a bunch of teenagers I was not in the mood to deal with this particular issue. The hotel was able to accommodate us and offer a discount for my inconvenience. John the manager is a wonderful person who followed up with me after my stay and apologized for the inconvenience. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Marcus L

Reviewed July 6, 2014

I don't know what it is about this Courtyard, but I sleep better here than anywhere, including all the other Marriott properties where I've stayed. The only thing I wish they'd fix is the refrigerators. Bad design as they are encased in a cabinet, If you want it to work properly you must leave the cabinet door open. But at least the rooms have fridges. Staff was very accommodating. Glad to see some of the same staff as previous stays. I will stay here again !

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 17, 2014

$150+ this weekend.
friendly front desk.
amenities minimal
clean and newer room.
comfortable bed
not really near too much unless you need to be in that area
25 mins from kings island
no continentinental bbreakfast

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 15, 2014

While the room we had was nice and the hotel overall was clean and the staff was friendly, the pool areas needs updated with chipped tiles present. Additionally, since their "Upgrade", Courtyards no longer have a free breakfast, and instead offer a onsite restaurant called the Bistro, which may be convenient for business travelers, is completely overpriced. While travelling with my family of four, it is now cheaper to stay next door at the slightly higher priced Residence Inn, have more space and have a free breakfast included in. Courtyard really needs to rethink there pricing as they are no longer comparable given all the other chains that include the breakfast and similar accommodations.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
CourtyardCincyNorth, Manager at Courtyard Cincinnati North at Union Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

I want to apologize for your experience regarding our Bistro. Please let me me know of anything I can do for you in the future and I would be happy to do anything to make your stay more pleasurable.

Warmest Regards,

Dan

Reviewed June 10, 2014

This was the cleanest, most open Marriott Courtyard I have stayed in. The Bistro was excellent with service and food quality. The guest room and meeting room were also very clean and accommodating. If you smoke, they also have a nice area out front with padded chairs, covered sidewalk and real ashtrays.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

During our move from Metro Detroit to our new home we got caught in a flood in Troy Ohio. After close to 16 hours in a van with two little boys, my husband and I decided we just needed to call it a night especially with the bad weather.
The lobby was very nice cleaned and up kept. The rooms were cleaned. We did notice a stain on a pillow case nothing major. For the one night stay it was very nice.
The front counter manager at night was super sweet.
You can definitely tell this is more a business travelers hotel then a family hotel, but they were still very welcoming.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Did what I needed, staying just one night on a business trip, no frills, good reception, attentive staff, clean spacious room. Overall a good experience. Good location with a good choice of restaurants nearby.

Stayed: February 2014