“Business trip”

Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in West Chester
Rossendale
“Business trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

Did what I needed, staying just one night on a business trip, no frills, good reception, attentive staff, clean spacious room. Overall a good experience. Good location with a good choice of restaurants nearby.

Stayed February 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

I've stayed in loads of hotels and figured this one was just another standard, business hotel in Cincinnati. Boy was I wrong! I will say, the first twenty minutes was one of the worst I've experienced at a hotel, but to be honest, it was a mixup. We arrived late, the gal at the hotel gave me a key and when I walked upstairs to the room and ulocked the door, someone was already there! A man looked at me, I looked at him, and I closed the door and walked away. I was mortified! Went downstairs and they fixed it right away. Though that was horrifying, the stay itself was fantastic!

Pros:
Indoor pool
VERY VERY good bed
Great toiletries
Quiet Area
Dark, quiet room
Cookies upon welcome
They cleaned my car windows after a snow!
Great price for the large room

Cons:
Pool only open until 10
They did send me to someone else's room

Totally worth the 80$ or whatever I spent on it. Great a night trip out. I cannot say enough about that bed.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

We booked this hotel because several of the reviews said the rooms were very quiet. Unfortunately, as soon as we got to our room, we could hear our neighbors quite plainly. My husband called the front desk and asked if they could move us to another room. The lady at the front desk was so accommodating and within about 10 minutes we were in a quiet corner at the other end of the hall. After that, all was quiet! The rooms were clean and the lobby was nice. My only disappointment was that they don't have free breakfast, but you can go down the road to IKEA for free breakfast if you want! We would stay here again if we were in the area.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Kennesaw, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

I reserved and paid for a king bed, but when I checked in I was told they had sold out of kings and only had queen beds left. I left and checked into another hotel, but I made a reservation for a king bed at this hotel for later in the week (because it is closer to my work). When I tried to check in for the second time, I was again apologetically told that they had sold my king bed and only had queen beds left. Don't stay here if the bed choice is important to you.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank dramamama5
CourtyardCincyNorth, Manager at Courtyard Cincinnati North at Union Centre, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Hello,

Thank you for your review. I apologize you did not receive your desired room type on two occasions this past week. It is not our standard and we pride ourselves in providing award winning guest service.

Please accept my apology and contact me when coming back to the area and I will ensure your room type will be honored.

Warmest Regards,

Dan Becker
Escazu, Costa Rica
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

5 day business trip to Cincinnati. This hotel was the closest to our affairs, in a sprawling, rather empty suburb with business parks scattered here and there.

This is the second time I stayed in a Courtyard, but the very first time for business purposes. Given that, I'm evaluating against a work week experience, where you are in meetings 8-5 and then you return to cater to your other office affairs. So, the room is business hotel top, ample and with a comfy bed and curtains that make waking up for work a real chore. Nice toiletries, but the shower looks old fashioned (squared white tiles) and you have to jump back every time you turn it on (unless you want to receive a jolt of cold water).

The greatest opportunity for making it a good to excellent business hotel is the location of the desk: right next to the heater (you have to turn it off if you want to concentrate) and with not-so-good illumination. On the sixth working day you will get definitely tired and would definitely want to run away.

Breakfast was good, but the menu for the rest of the day is very limited (sanwiches mostly). You'll have to drive to Applebee's or Panera or Red Robbin or (if you budget allows) the Jag's across the street.

Also, I never tire of pointing out how cumbersome is having to sign back on to the wi fi network every time you return to the hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank dyhtstriyk
Huntington, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

My friend and I booked this room for our yearly shopping trip. The hotel is bascially down the street from IKEA, location couldn't have been better. The room was large, clean and very modern. There are a few places to eat right around the area, which is helpful, not far from other shopping, and quick to get to. The bed was comfortable, the stand-up shower is awesome and very roomy! Seemed to be a very safe area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank JessicaHarkless1
St Louis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

Good location right off I-75. Close to shopping, movie theaters (who has the time for that on the road?), and some decent national chain restaurants. The front desk staff on duty October 24,2013 were very efficient and friendly. Finally a Courtyard with a fridge! They should all have them! Very clean lobby ,halls ,and rooms.The gym is small and not well equipped and the TV control was out on the elliptical trainer. I mentioned the TV issue to the front desk, they noted it use their and then gave me a key to the Residence Inn next so I could use that gym, very nice!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business