“Group Outing”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 7, 2014

The atmosphere is fun if you sit at the hibachi grill. The food is mediocre though. We had two groups and the other group had their food much earlier than we received our food.

Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Sohos has the best sushi in town. Great service by Dana. Loved the fact she brought us fresh wasabi. The atmosphere is great with the hibachi. Good place to take kids as the noose level is high and nobody jears loud kids. The one advice i would have for the serving team is to better time the food courses. Our salad, sushi and dinner arrived within mins of each other without letting us enjoy each course.

Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

I came here on advice from a local friend. The atmosphere is quite nice. Modern jazzy house music at a comfortable level compliments the traditional decor to make a modern Japanese impression.
The sushi combination dinner included miso soup and a salad with ginger dressing. The soup and salad were good. The sushi was very fresh and nicely presented. I asked for a tuna roll instead of spicy tuna. It was generous in proportion, the way I like tuna rolls. The ngiri was good.
I would recommend this restaurant for people who enjoy sushi and are willing to pay a bit more for a pleasing ambiance.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

I've gone here quite a few times and I haven't had a single bad experience. There food is on the pricey side but it has a great a atmosphere and the hibachi grill is always fun!

1  Thank Azura T
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Went for a birthday. Looked at reviews before because wed never been. Needless to say the reviews werent great.... and turns out there are multiple reasons why!

Service was beyond slow! Ancient infact. It took 20 mins or more for my hot sake to come out. There was only one server at our private party of 12. I would only presume bad management was behind this guys lack of quality service. EVERYTHING WAS SLOW .

SUSHI WAS GOOD.
MUSHROOM SOUP WAS OKAY.
SALAD dressing tASTED LIKE MAYO.
DINNER WAS TORTURE. I got the steak. Simple. comes with rice and asparagus and special sauce.

Temp was perfect mid rare. The only good part about it but did not save the dish.

It was bland. The sauce tasted horrific. If youve had a dog imagine the smell of a can of pedigree wet dod food. Thats what my food tasted like with this bland "special" sauce covering it entirely.

I had 2 bites and left my leftovers on the table. Did I mention the rice was 10 mins late to the table leaving the other patrons at my table and myself waiting , food cooling, to complete our meal?

Dont waste your money. You will be terribly disappointed and probably still hungry when you leave. And the worst part is YOULL PAY $100PLUS for the experience.

Btw I dont generally write reviews... but this place was really really bad.

1  Thank avgdiner