“Enjoyable restaurant”

SOHO
Ranked #47 of 197 Restaurants in West Chester
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Ohio
“Enjoyable restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

I have eaten here several times and always like the food and atmosphere. We do not eat at the Beni Hana style Japanese tables, but prefer the regular menu. My wife and friends love the suishi but I prefer the many other stir fry and fried rice with chicken, fish or vegetables. Alos there is a nice bar area if that interests you. The service has been very good for our trips. I would recommend it highly.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank TripPhotographer52

cincinnati
“Nice evening”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

This retaurant has something for everyone- a bar, dining area, sushi bar, and hibachi grrill room. Friendly waitress. Grill chef was entertaining. Mostly good food, but I have had better vegies at other hibachi reataurants.

• Visited August 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great food & service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

We love Soho's and eat there regularly! We love the Teppanyaki Grill and the "show" that comes with it. Be prepared for a little time to seat all the guests, take orders and cook, so if you don't have the time, just eat in the dining room. If you have a large group, as we often do, you can reserve the private room in the back. We love the atmosphere, food and staff! Ask for Ian!

• Visited April 2012
Sunrise, Florida
“Great decor; good food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2011

The restaurant is quite large and very appealing visually. The tables are large and comfortable. The sushi was excellent. The salmon and scallop dinners were good but not great. A little salty and the melange of veggies was more low cost than asian cuisine. Service was good - enthusastic, prompt, but maybe a bit too attentive. Wasn't very busy on a Friday night and we were able to linger over coffee without interruption.

• Visited December 2011
Franklin, Ohio
“Very Disappointing for What Used to be a Favorite”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2011

On my daughter’s birthday, we went to her favorite restaurant, Soho (well, it used to be her favorite). She’s had her birthday party there previously with as many as 30 people. However, this time there were five of us and it was so disappointing.
We heard other tables having “Happy Birthday” sung to them when we arrived. Our waitress was waiting on six full Hibachi tables. Service, as you can imagine was incredibly slow. Food was ok, but it used to be excellent. The little special things like sesame seeds in the fried rice are gone.
We waited 40 minutes for our check after eating and finally caught the waitress after running her down in another room. First, the bill had the whole table on it and we were only sitting at half of the Hibachi table. Ok, so she would break it down. We waited. Then we got the bill again, and they had charged my two children for a full priced shrimp dinner rather than the kids shrimp. She had to get her manager to fix this and the two proceeded to have an argument about it in front of me. I told the manager that they had ordered from a kid’s menu. He said it wasn’t my fault and would fix it. Yeah, duh, but I had been waiting for the bill for 40 minutes.
Of course, with all the waiting, my daughter never got the “Happy Birthday” that she was anticipating from the staff. Not once. I think from now on, we’re going to Sake at Dayton Mall. It’s less expensive and the staff care about their customers.

• Visited December 2011