“Really great experience!”

Shoot Extreme
Newport, Kentucky
“Really great experience!”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I was unsure of what the 'zombie hunt' was going to be like... and it was completely amazing. Using real firearms and Simunition to shoot the targets was thrilling. I would equate it to a great haunted house... where you get to shoot the monsters. Staff was really great and it was an overall awesome experience -- I went for the first time a month ago... and have already gone back. Highly recommended.

Visited June 2013

Mason, Ohio, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fun for the entire Family and Friendly Service...”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We went to Shoot Extreme the day of the Wounded Warrior Project Benefit. They did a great job accommodating everyone that showed up to shoot and during our wait time had a lot of things for the kids to do to occupy their time. The experience in the shoot house was great, not being an experienced shooter, the adrenaline was pumping while we negotiated the maze of zombies..... A lot of fun for all the kids and parents as well. For sure an experience we will try again.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Doug B
Atlantic Beach, Florida, United States
“Authentic training experience”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Training with Simunition in the military was some of the most fun and most effective training I got to experience. It was exciting to find a commercial establishment that offered this type of service.The range format offers a chance to fire at realistic targets under stressful environments. Better yet, the targets are zombies which only adds to the fun. Some of the staff are ex-military and they all preach the same gun safety concepts that you would find in any military live-fire exercise. Shoot extreme offers great training and is very entertaining. Can't wait to go back.

Visited January 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I'll never shoot paper again”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Wow after all the years of shooting at the same blank paper targets in grungy, unsafe ranges in the area, my desire to revisit and continuously "train" diminished. After going to Shoot Extreme just to check out this zombie hunt thing, I immediately realized that this is REAL training and the only place I will ever shoot again. The ability to move and shoot in a low light, recreated realistic setting, through hallways rooms and doors was never heard of until now. And talk about being able to shoot something that actually "looks" like a real target. Something that's 3-D, clothed, moving, and drops when you hit it gives you a sensation that you are actually having to defend yourself.
My girlfriend and I went on a date to Shoot Extreme last week and even though I had been shooting for years, we took the intro to pistol class for her, not expecting to learn anything. I was gratefully wrong. The instructors there were highly informed and taught us things we never knew before, including drawing connections with how to shoot in real life. We WILL be back for the other training courses. All the staff is very friendly and we will surely recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a good time or to further their skills and knowledge with a firearm.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Ryan S
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Two words guys: customer service.”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We went to shoot extreme for a birthday celebration. We went through all the hoops and were allowed to pick out our guns. My friends went in one by one and I patiently waited to go last. I asked for a beretta. The short man with brown hair and a long beard walked out from behind the counter and left. After he came back and started to help another group! He completely ignored me standing there. The lady, who was leading my friends, came back out and I expressed my concern with being completely ignored. They then gave me the WRONG GUN, which jammed twice. Then after I complained again and the gave me the beretta and it jammed as well. It was not a good experience and I will NOT be back.

2 Thank Ravensgirlsoren