“Fantastic Burger”

Ranked #6 of 199 Restaurants in West Chester
Louisville, Kentucky
“Fantastic Burger”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Found this restaurant on one of the lists for the best burgers in Cinci. We had already eaten at Terry's Turf and though we believed the experience was fun and I would return, I wasn't sold that it was "the best" burger in town. This visit we went to Troy's and I have to say hands down I thought the burger was fantastic. You wouldn't suspect that one would get a burger like this in a strip center restaurant. The texture of the meat, freshness, and flavor was melt in your mouth goodness. For an up charge of just $1.00 you can choose a salad; we chose the Café salad which was a wonderful explosion of Greek flavors and it was a full side salad portion - not a skimpy mini-bowl or small plate. Even though we arrived late near closing, the service was friendly and the food was fresh.

• Visited March 2014

ohio
“Excellent Burgers & Friendly Service”
Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

We stopped in on the way to Jungle Jim's, based on reviews we had read on Trip Advisor, and boy were those great reviews accurate.

Upon walking in, we were greeted by a very nice young lady behind the counter who made several enthusiastic recommendations...a good sign!

We had Troy's Burgers, Cuban Panini, kids' grilled chicken & kids' grilled cheese. All were very good, with the burgers being the best of all. We scarfed them down with their house made chips & didn't leave a bite. The kids also enjoyed their meals, & asked when we could come back.

The burgers were some of the best we have had. They were flavorful, juicy, perfectly cooked & well dressed. The bacon was nicely cooked & flavorful. The burger sauce is unique and a very nice touch. The only thing that could improve the burgers is serving them on buttered, toasted buns.

We splurged on dessert, trying the bourbon cake, chocolate cake & strawberry shortcake. All were very good, with the shortcake being the best in our opinion.

As we were leaving, the young lady who took our order asked if everything was to our liking, and we told her it was. She asked whether we would be back, and we assured her we surely will! Every worker we encountered was just as friendly & helpful.

I highly recommend this very casual, very good little cafe.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank midwestmomdotcom
Englewood
“As good as reviews say it is.”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Read the reviews and decided to go see for myself if it was all that. Talked my wife and adult daughter into giving it a shot with me. Seating area is somewhat small and modern. Service is "order at the counter" then brought to your table by friendly waiters or in our case waitress. Lot of tables for two but the staff put two together to accommodate our party of three. I tried the fish tacos with a cup of tomato bisque. Tacos contained plenty of fish that was grilled and seasoned nicely. Chopped tomato and topped with a zesty sauce with just the right amount of kick. The bisque? Well it 'twarn't bad but was a little too acidic and would have benefited from a pinch of cayenne and a tiny dab of sugar to offset the acid of the tomato. But that's just me. The girls had salads and they were fresh and nicely done. Daughter had grilled salmon on hers and it was done perfectly. Wife's grilled chicken was likewise. All in all a very nice dining experience and we will be "regulars". Gosh, ain't spellcheck wunnerful??

• Visited March 2014
Cincinnati
“Great neighborhood place”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

the panini is my favorite and my wife likes the salmon salad. Its priced right and the rotating wine selection keeps it interesting. Stop in if you can

• Visited February 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio
“In this Case, Believe the Hype”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Had a lunch date here recently. I would've never even known about this place, but now that I do, I will definitely make the effort to come back and spread the word. We started with these spring rolls with chicken, spicy chorizo and cheese--the bomb. I had the fish tacos and I have to admit, they were just average. However, my date chose the cuban sandwich and it looked amazing. It was a very large sandwich, so he ended up having half to take home. I didn't get a chance to check out the wine selection--I guess you can buy it there, and they'll open it for you? Not sure. It seems like the prices were reasonable as well. That said, this is a restaurant in a strip mall, so there's very little atmosphere to speak of: you're handed your glass to get your drink, and are responsible for refills etc. But to the extent that this restaurant is run by a local guy who had a successful catering business that grew, well, kudos to him; I'll make every effort to support that type of ingenuity with my dollars :)

• Visited January 2014