“Great neighborhood place”
Review of Troy's Cafe

Troy's Cafe
Ranked #5 of 200 Restaurants in West Chester
Reviewed March 4, 2014

the panini is my favorite and my wife likes the salmon salad. Its priced right and the rotating wine selection keeps it interesting. Stop in if you can

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Had a lunch date here recently. I would've never even known about this place, but now that I do, I will definitely make the effort to come back and spread the word. We started with these spring rolls with chicken, spicy chorizo and cheese--the bomb. I had the fish tacos and I have to admit, they were just average. However, my date chose the cuban sandwich and it looked amazing. It was a very large sandwich, so he ended up having half to take home. I didn't get a chance to check out the wine selection--I guess you can buy it there, and they'll open it for you? Not sure. It seems like the prices were reasonable as well. That said, this is a restaurant in a strip mall, so there's very little atmosphere to speak of: you're handed your glass to get your drink, and are responsible for refills etc. But to the extent that this restaurant is run by a local guy who had a successful catering business that grew, well, kudos to him; I'll make every effort to support that type of ingenuity with my dollars :)

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Although I live in the Great State of Kentucky, I ventured north some 40 miles to join a dinner group to explore Troy's Cafe'. Had it not had such great reviews, I doubt I would have elected to go out on this bitter cold winter Cincinnati night. I am so happy I did. It's hard to say what was better----the service, the friendliness of the staff, the camaraderie of everyone who raved about their food, or the food itself. It was all good. I began with the Spring Rolls and a glass of Pinot Grigio. I'm used to Spring Rolls but these were exceptional and the Pinot Grigio mellowed the tangy tasty dipping sauce. Someone recommended the Troy Burger with a fried egg on top which was stupendous. I know everyone comments on the Best Burger but it was truly delicious. Our dinner leader had reserved several of the strawberry shortcake desserts for us, and, although I'm not a dessert person, it was a wonderful after-dinner treat. The highest compliment I can pay a restaurant is that I will be back. I will go back to Troy's.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

I love this place! It was our first time and we will be back many more times in the near future.

We have driven by it many times and never really noticed it. I happen to be researching a different restaurant in West Chester when I stumbled on the reviews for Troy's Cafe. After reading the reviews I knew we had to try it. We were greeted by some lovely and knowledgeable employees who made ordering a breeze. My husband had the mushroom burger, I had the Troys burger. After getting our drinks at the soda fountain we sat down to wait for our food. We looked around at the charm of the place and started to discuss the wine racks in the corner, fully stocked I should add, and admired the plates of those around us. It didn't take long for our food to appear at our table and we dug in.

Our burgers were delightful and huge. The fries were slender, homemade slices of potato heaven and the special sauce we were given to spread on our sandwhiches was to die for. After assembling our burgers we went silent, not because the food wasn't good, but, because the food was soooo good we couldn't put it down.

I decided I had to try to spaghetti and meatballs so I order a child size order as carry out and it was ready for us when we were finished with our burgers. My husband had intended on taking it to work with him the next day but unfortunately I could not stay out of it later in the evening so he will have a much smaller portion than what he planned.

I would give this place ten stars if I could and I will never cook a back yard burger again. Why would I?!

Don't drive by Troy's, stop in and enjoy this little known gem in West Chester. You will be glad you did.

Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

Troy's is one of our regular go to restaurants. The food is always fantastic. Had to be one of the best burgers I've ever had.