“Wonderful hamburger, veggies frites but avoid the french fries !”
Review of Smashburger

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Smashburger
Ranked #46 of 199 Restaurants in West Chester
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Wonderful hamburger, veggies frites but avoid the french fries !”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

After having a lot of "hype" about this place from friends and relatives, we finally made it into a "Smashburger" restaurant. The hype WAS correct about the hamburgers, juice, fresh buns and great toppings. Both hubby and I really loved ours. The French fries were a totally different story. They appeared to be doused in an oily pesto type sauce which was tasty but they were really greasy and nasty to eat. Would not order again. The veggie frites which were fried carrot and green beans were really good with a ranch dipping sauce. Great way to get kids to eat veggies. The atmosphere was typical burger joint/carryout. They also have some salads and chicken sandwiches available. Price wise you are looking at a "regular" burger and no sides for $5.99 and then up from there. A little steep if you are taking the family out for hamburgers and fries. For an adult "date night" or couples it works well and we would go back without kids due to the expense.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank triptique

Mason, OH
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Spicy Baja Burger - FANTASTIC!”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

The Spicy Baja Burger was one of the best burgers that I have eaten in quite a while. It was cooked perfectly, still juicy, and the bun was very, very fresh! I ordered the Veggie Frites (which are described on their menu as "flash-fried carrot sticks and green beans"), but I did not care for them at all. Fresh, crispy carrots and green beans would have been much better.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Barbara B
Fairmont, West Virginia
“Good burger but laxidasical service.”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Was in the area on a short vacation and always wanted to try Smashburger. The place was dead and the staff very unattentive. I had to stand at the empty counter for almost five minutes before someone took my order. I almost walked out thinking the food would follow the service but I didnt think I would get the opportunity again since I dont live anywhere close to one. I ordered the standard Smashburger. Came with very thin shoestring fries. I have to admit the burger was pretty good and the smash sauce I guess the are known for isnt bad as well. I still perfer Five Guys over Smash but I would try another in the future. Hopefully the service is better at other locations.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank steelmoney58
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tasty burger”
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

I had the BBQ bacon cheddar burger. It was pretty decent. The burger had a crisp to it from the grill. The fries were very thin shoestring. It was reasonably priced and overall good.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Npietro
West Chester, Ohio
“Try the other smash burgers.”
Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

What I want to smash burger I'll go to the 1 in Blue AshI was so excited when this place first opened. And it didn't let me down, it was great!!! My family and I have probably been there 12 times. Everytime we eat there It gets less and less enjoyable. Now it's to the point we won't even go back. It's a shame Because smash burgers in general are excellent. Apparently this 1 need a management or ownership change. Rest assured that I am not the only 1 that feels that way. I can see it by the crowd Or lack thereof. Next time I want a Smashburger I will drive to Liberty Township or blue ash

1 Thank Bryan B