I am a frequent traveler and have stayed at hotels/motels of many different tiers, from Super 8 to Ritz Carlton. While Wingate by Wyndham at West Chester is stated as a 3 or 3.5 star, my stay can be rated far above their rating reflects.
This hotel is located just about a mile off of I-75, but far away enough to not hear any highway noises. The street on which it is located has a side entrance to a nearby Meijer's parking lot for convenient purchases of any food or other products, as well as gas. Also located nearby is a great Middle Eastern food market called "Halal Market". Being so near a major highway exit, there are plenty of chain restaurants as well.
-The bed is super comfortable, arguably some of the best sleep I got away from home.
-Free WiFi is very fast and only occasionally dropped signals.
-Not sure if it is standard, but my room had a jacuzzi.
-Free local HD TV programs.
-Indoor pool with heated hot tub.
-Small gym, although I was informed that guests have free access to an offsite dedicated fitness center.
-Free hot breakfast in the morning consisted of make-your-own waffles, eggs, sausage, and bacon, biscuits and gravy, assortment of pastries and fresh fruits (bananas, apples, and oranges).
-In-room microwave and fridge (no freezer).
-Usual assortment of bathroom amenities as well as single-cup coffee maker.
The only downsides that I can think of are: limited parking space out front, with back entrance locked. For my particular duration of stay, there was a local soccer tournament so the hallway was flooded with hyperactive kids. The door slams shut very loudly. Also, try to stay on the 3rd floor, because the floor boards are rather thin (as are the walls). Thankfully my neighbors were not loud, but noise can be a potential problem.
My check-in was very fast, with warm greetings from the day manager Curtis. My room was cleaned by the housekeeping staff with minimal fuss. Shower gels and such were replenished on a daily basis. The hotel restaurant (M Bistro) is only open for regular service at night. There's a decent selection of alcohol.
Overall, I will definitely be looking to stay at Wingate again in a future trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Perfect Spot. Conveniently located off Interstate 75 between Cincinnati and Dayton, the Four Points by Sheraton Cincinnati North is close to everything that northern Cincinnati has to offer. Ideal for business and leisure travel alike, our hotel provides easy access to offices, restaurants, and more. Shop at Liberty Towne Centre, Cincinnati Premium Outlets, and Voice of America Center; have a blast at Kings Island amusement and water park; and try your luck at Miami Valley Gaming. lenty to Do. Our hotel has everything you need to stay busy or relax, including free wireless High Speed Internet Access in all public areas. Get your heart going in our fully-equipped fitness center, or unwind in our indoor heated pool. Start your day in our full-service Bistro with a made-to-order fresh breakfast, and wind down with one of our Best Brews™. With more than 5,000 square feet of premium function space, the Four Points by Sheraton Cincinnati North is an ideal setting for meetings, retreats, parties, and weddings. Home away from Home. We feature a range of oversized guest rooms and suites to ensure fun, comfortable stays, including ADA-compliant rooms. Connect via free wireless High Speed Internet Access at the well-furnished work area, and enjoy the convenience of a refrigerator and a 42-inch flat screen TV. Choose from one king-size or two queen Four Points signature beds for a great night’s sleep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Starwood, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Cincinnati North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wingate Inn - West Chester Hotel West Chester
- Wingate West Chester
- Wingate Hotel West Chester
- Four Points By Sheraton Cincinnati North West Chester, Ohio