“Don't be fooled by the lobby the rooms are filthy.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Cincinnati North

Four Points by Sheraton Cincinnati North
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in West Chester
“Don't be fooled by the lobby the rooms are filthy.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

It looks like a decent place to stay when you enter the lobby but I couldn't have been more grossed out after I saw my room. The walls and carpet were filthy and the back of the bathroom door had dirty handprints and either blood or feces smeared across it. The shower didn't drain properly; the water was up to my ankles by the time I finished showering. The pillows (if you can even classify them as that) were half the size of a standard pillow and were extremely lumpy and awkward. The bed wasn't very comfortable either; I could definitely feel the springs. When I tried the two vending machines and the snack bar at the front desk, all were out of bottled water. After paging the front desk clerk she brought me one free of charge - the best part of my stay. I went down for the complimentary breakfast at 8 (it started at 7 I believe) and there was no attendant to be found and the coffee an eggs were empty. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
ChristaEldridge, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Cincinnati North, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you so much for your honest feedback. We have a wonderful track record of clean rooms, but it appears that you didn't experience that. I have shared your specific comments with our housekeepers and used them for additional training and development. We want all of our guests to have 100% satisfaction and I hope that you will reach out to me directly so that we may discuss your experience in greater detail. Thank you again and I do hope that you will give us another try! Christa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
West Salem, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

This was our first time staying at a Wingate. We never even heard of this hotel chain until Tripadvisor. Beautiful hotel at a reasonable price. The continental breakfast was nice and kept well stocked. Hard to find from 71. The down size is when we got into bed we got bit alive. The next day they supposedly cleaned our room and changed the sheets, but we still got bit. Thank goodness or sad thing is we only slept here and were gone all day.

Room Tip: just make sure to ask for a room without bugs
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
ChristaEldridge, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Cincinnati North, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I'm so sorry to hear of your experience and would love it if you could reach me directly so that I can discuss your stay and follow up. Christa (513-777-1101)
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

This was our first time staying at a Wingate hotel & we were extremely pleased! This hotel was very well maintained. Beautiful lobby area, nice restaurant/bar area, pool w/patio area which was perfect for our small children. Our hotel room was very clean & spacious. The continental breakfast was great - nice variety & the staff kept it well stocked. Hotel was close to restaurants, shopping & it was an easy 15 minute drive to Kings Island/Soak City theme park. If you don't want to stay right on top of the areas attractions, I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel! It is in a beautiful, quiet area away from the big city. It is just a short drive to Cincinnati & Mason, OH. Our family enjoyed every minute of our stay & we will definitely be staying at Wingate hotels in the future!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Cincinnati North, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip.
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012

Every time that I stay at this hotel, I receive exceptional service. Last week we held a conference for 40 people and they did an outstanding job catering to our every need. Matt and his team checked on us throughout the 3 days to make sure that we had everything we needed. The lunches the served were great, even when we threw them a curve and changed the time we wanted lunch, they sprang into action and had us served right away.
Every time that I am in the Cincinnati or Dayton area I will be staying at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ChristaEldridge, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Cincinnati North, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Thank you so much Tony! We've enjoyed having your group with us multiple times and appreciate your business! I'm sure that we will be seeing you again in the near future.
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012

This was our 2nd time staying at this hotel on our way to Florida and we would stay here again. We asked in advance for a 3rd floor room away from I-75 and found it to be very quiet. The beds were very comfortable and the breakfast was excellent. There was an "event" at the motel on the main floor but we never heard a sound. The only suggested improvement would be to replace the treadmill in the fitness room since it is pretty old. The other fitness equipment looked newer so perhaps they are in the process of replacing the equipment. I did not use the pool but it looked small and shallow and would be good for smaller children. Overall, a great stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 3rd floor opposite the I-75 for a quiet room.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay. I'll definitely look into the treadmill and although there isn't a plan to change in the immediate future, next time you are in town ask one of our front desk agents about passes to a local gym. It may give you a little more variety just around the corner! Safe travels and we'll see you on your next trip through town!
Toledo, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012

I went to this property over the weekend for a friends wedding. I was very impressed with the property. The property was gorgeous, the staff was amazing, and the meeting space was wonderful. I didn't get to spend the night, but the next time I am in the area this is where I will be. The staff, especially Matt Brann who happens to be the food and beverage manager, were all friendly, warm, and inviting. They made sure we had everything we needed they went above and beyond. The food was very good. Overall best experience, I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your kind response! I'm so glad that you enjoyed the wedding. Our staff has such a good time with them and it's always fun to share in such an important day! We look forward to seeing you on your next trip!
Lutz, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

We visit Dayton Ohio frequently to visit family and honestly have a difficult time finding any accommodations in the Dayton (in any price range) area that are not old and tired. This time, we started thinking outside the box and found this wonderful property about 30 minutes south of Dayton. Since we usually fly into Cincinnati anyway, the Wingate fell exactly half way between CVG airport and our family.

The property was built in 2008 but still looks like new. The rooms are spacious, clean, comfortable and well appointed. Though Wingate is an economy division of Wyndham, the only thing that felt economical was the price. The bedding is plush and comfortable. The bathroom is equipped with a great shower, hairdryer, toiletries, plush towels and plenty of room. Internet is free in the room. Also included are an indoor pool, well-equipped workout room and a hot breakfast.

The only thing that kept me from giving them 5 stars is the front desk staff. They always seemed a bit frazzled and understaffed. When we arrived, check-in was quick but more or less non-verbal. The only reason I knew what kind of amenities were offered was that I did my research ahead of time. Checking out was no better. There was only one frazzled clerk tied up with a very testy irate customer for a long time. We had to get going to catch our flight so I just tossed our key on the counter and left. Hopefully, they figured it out.

As long as the price remains reasonable, we will choose Wingate again next time we visit family.

Room Tip: Request a room on the side that doesn't fare the interstate. It's quieter.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for such a thoughtful response! I'm so glad that you were able to find a 'home' for your future trips! We've certainly used your experience as a training point for our front desk agents (most were very new during your stay with us) and we'll learn and grow so that we continue to fully meet your expectations. We'll be looking for a 5 your next time in town! Thank you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Chester
Home2 Suites by Hilton Cincinnati Liberty Township
Home2 Suites by Hilton Cincinnat...
#2 of 2 in Liberty Township
Homewood Suites by Hilton Cincinnati / West Chester
Cincinnati Marriott North
Cincinnati Marriott North
#4 of 15 in West Chester
Hampton Inn & Suites Cincinnati Union Centre
AC Hotel Cincinnati at Liberty Center
AC Hotel Cincinnati at Liberty C...
#1 of 2 in Liberty Township
Holiday Inn Cincinnati N - West Chester

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Cincinnati North? Share your experiences!