“Great place to stay”

Four Points by Sheraton Cincinnati North
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in West Chester
Reviewed May 3, 2012

This was our 2nd time staying at this hotel on our way to Florida and we would stay here again. We asked in advance for a 3rd floor room away from I-75 and found it to be very quiet. The beds were very comfortable and the breakfast was excellent. There was an "event" at the motel on the main floor but we never heard a sound. The only suggested improvement would be to replace the treadmill in the fitness room since it is pretty old. The other fitness equipment looked newer so perhaps they are in the process of replacing the equipment. I did not use the pool but it looked small and shallow and would be good for smaller children. Overall, a great stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 3rd floor opposite the I-75 for a quiet room.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
ChristaEldridge, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Cincinnati North, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2012

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay. I'll definitely look into the treadmill and although there isn't a plan to change in the immediate future, next time you are in town ask one of our front desk agents about passes to a local gym. It may give you a little more variety just around the corner! Safe travels and we'll see you on your next trip through town!

Reviewed April 29, 2012

I went to this property over the weekend for a friends wedding. I was very impressed with the property. The property was gorgeous, the staff was amazing, and the meeting space was wonderful. I didn't get to spend the night, but the next time I am in the area this is where I will be. The staff, especially Matt Brann who happens to be the food and beverage manager, were all friendly, warm, and inviting. They made sure we had everything we needed they went above and beyond. The food was very good. Overall best experience, I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for your kind response! I'm so glad that you enjoyed the wedding. Our staff has such a good time with them and it's always fun to share in such an important day! We look forward to seeing you on your next trip!

Reviewed April 23, 2012

We visit Dayton Ohio frequently to visit family and honestly have a difficult time finding any accommodations in the Dayton (in any price range) area that are not old and tired. This time, we started thinking outside the box and found this wonderful property about 30 minutes south of Dayton. Since we usually fly into Cincinnati anyway, the Wingate fell exactly half way between CVG airport and our family.

The property was built in 2008 but still looks like new. The rooms are spacious, clean, comfortable and well appointed. Though Wingate is an economy division of Wyndham, the only thing that felt economical was the price. The bedding is plush and comfortable. The bathroom is equipped with a great shower, hairdryer, toiletries, plush towels and plenty of room. Internet is free in the room. Also included are an indoor pool, well-equipped workout room and a hot breakfast.

The only thing that kept me from giving them 5 stars is the front desk staff. They always seemed a bit frazzled and understaffed. When we arrived, check-in was quick but more or less non-verbal. The only reason I knew what kind of amenities were offered was that I did my research ahead of time. Checking out was no better. There was only one frazzled clerk tied up with a very testy irate customer for a long time. We had to get going to catch our flight so I just tossed our key on the counter and left. Hopefully, they figured it out.

As long as the price remains reasonable, we will choose Wingate again next time we visit family.

Room Tip: Request a room on the side that doesn't fare the interstate. It's quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for such a thoughtful response! I'm so glad that you were able to find a 'home' for your future trips! We've certainly used your experience as a training point for our front desk agents (most were very new during your stay with us) and we'll learn and grow so that we continue to fully meet your expectations. We'll be looking for a 5 your next time in town! Thank you again.

Reviewed April 18, 2012

What a find! The lobby entrance was beautifully decorated and the staff that greated me were friendly and accommodating.

The room was very comfortable and I loved having refrigerator in my room.

The restaurant had good food and great atmosphere. I was able to watch a game and have dinner, rather than sit in my room.

The location worked great and I will be back again soon!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo

Thank you so much for your kind review! I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay! Our Bar and Bistro is such a great option with easy menu options and a good drink selection. Justin and Tracy are great and I'm sure happy for your visit as well. They'd much rather watch the game with company. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip!

Reviewed April 8, 2012

The Wingate is a well appointed hotel deceptively right next to I-75. Convenient to all kinds of shopping, dining & entertainment. It is is on Tylers Place and it is easy to see but a little more difficult to get to without first wandering through myriad parking lots. Once you find it, though, it's a lovely oasis with all the convenient features of a 3-star: little shop with goodies, well maintained indoor pool, decent restaurant option.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed March 28, 2012

my wife and I stayed here 2 nights, we asked for a room near an exit as we smoke. We went outside to smoke, in the rain, in full view of their security cameras even. Despite this, they tacked on a $250 'cleaning charge' 36 hours after we checked out!! We contacted the local da's office to file fraud charges as well as disputing with our credit card company.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dan S

I'm so sorry that you had such a negative experience. Our smoking policy is clearly stated at both check in and in each guest room. We pay very close attention and have several check and balance systems in place so that we are able to provide the very best accommodations for a clean and smoke-free room to each guest that checks in. Thank you for sharing your experience and you can certainly reach out to myself or any member of our team if you have additional questions.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

We unfortunately had only a one night stay and arrived pretty late at the hotel so the spa center was already closed and the pool was about to close too. Even if it stayed open I wont go into the pool because the water was not clear and it had way too much of chlorine in it.The king bedroom was clean and neat and the bathroom was large and realy clean too. I loved the desk area and the easy intrnet access. The 2 major setbacks that occurred were the overpriced fee of 15,99$ for movies on demand( we wanted to watch some because of too many local chanells showing commercials) and the ac that was actualy heating and overheating the room.Whatver we tried we simply could not regulate the temperature since it was blowing hot air no matter what, therefore we had an almost sleepless night sweating like crazy. The breakfast was ok, but the coffee and the fat free milk were horrible tastless.Best advice bring your own coffee and use the coffee maker in the room.

• Stayed: March 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Chester
Home2 Suites by Hilton Cincinnati Liberty Township
Home2 Suites by Hilton Cincinnat...
#1 of 2 in Liberty Township
Cincinnati Marriott North
Cincinnati Marriott North
#5 of 16 in West Chester
4 mi away
Hampton Inn & Suites Cincinnati Union Centre
AC Hotel Cincinnati at Liberty Center
AC Hotel Cincinnati at Liberty C...
#2 of 2 in Liberty Township
Courtyard Cincinnati North at Union Centre
Staybridge Suites West Chester
Staybridge Suites West Chester
#9 of 16 in West Chester

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Cincinnati North? Share your experiences!