“Surprisingly pleasant!”

Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in West Chester
Nashville, Tennessee
“Surprisingly pleasant!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2012

I overnighted in Cincinnati between business trips and stayed at the Wingate off Tylersville Rd. in West Chester. Never having visited a Wingate, I honestly didn't know what to expect. But, I was quite pleased with the hotel!

The lobby is large, bright, and spacious, and check-in was quick. My room was on the first floor past banquet rooms and a large indoor pool. I was surprised at how large my room was - especially the high ceilings and bathroom. There was also a small area with a microwave/fridge just off the sleeping area. Everything was quite clean and very comfortable with only one drawback - there just wasn't much lighting, which made the room seem dark. But, that's a minor thing when everything else was quite good.

All in all, it's a solid choice in an area with lots of higher priced options.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Akron, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2012

Our first visit to a Wingate and we were pleasantly surprised. The modern "IKEA" furnishings styling and the bright colors are a pleasant change from industrial hotel boring beige.

Check in was quick and efficient, the room was perfect - large and lovely with modern appointments including a comfy easy chair and footstool. The desk was large and the desk lamp was a focused style that did not disturb the rest of the room if one of you is a night owl.

Our only complaints have to do with the breakfast and the breakfast room. The layout of the breakfast items made it nearly impossible for more than one person to serve themselves from the sausage and biscuits, eggs, and meats area as it was crammed into a corner with a wall to the left side and you had to thread your way through the lounge seating of easy chairs and low tables to get to it. There was only one waffle iron also crammed up against a wall on the right end; there were at one point five people waiting to make waffles. The cold cereal did not include anything I would have eaten - either all kid-style over sugared stuff or "healthy" cereals with fruit or nuts in them.

The young woman tending the breakfast bar was clearly not interested in restocking the bacon with 15 minutes to go on the posted breakfast times in spite of the fact that it was a Sunday morning and they got slammed with guests at about that time - many of them kids or teens who were dragged out of bed by parents insisting they eat breakfast. She also was VERY quick to start the tear-down at end of service time on the dot - or maybe a few minutes early. I did not get the feeling she liked her job much.

The breakfast area is a lovely space that is part of the restaurant and cocktail lounge the rest of the day, so I understand maybe being hasty in getting breakfast cleared so lunch could be set up.... but it made for a rather unhappy start to our day on what had already been a difficult weekend for our family personally. I just wasn't up to being more proactive with the staff that day. I wish we had been able to have a more leisurely and satisfying breakfast experience.

Had it not been for the issues with the breakfast room on that particular day, this hotel would have rated 5 stars from me.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2011

Debated about whether to leave this review, since there were so many positives about this place. We loved the breakfast, the location, the cocktails were tasty, the room was beautiful, the grounds were lovely, the staff were friendly and efficient (special kudos to the front desk staff, who were terrific), and the bathroom was well-equipped and a nice size...
And now for the "however" -- a couple of run-ins with housekeeping ended up being black flies in our chardonnay!
This particular housekeeper, who seemed to be the supervisor, was sitting in our room, chatting up the woman who was trying hard to get things cleaned up, which slowed down her progress and added to the chore, Later, I noticed the woman entering rooms without knocking, but I thought she must know which are unoccupied. But the icing on the cake was when we were all asleep, and she opened our door... without so much as a knock! It was a family trip, but if it had been a romantic weekend, it could have been a very embarrassing moment. It bothered me perhaps more than it should, but I like a knock before the door swings open!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank tropix
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2011

overall the stay at Wingate in West Chester: Cincinnati, was good, and a very very clean hotel! Though my parents who also stayed there would probably disagree. We had some issues upon checking in: they had requested a room away from the freeway, to which there were no notes on the reservation, but the hotel was able to accommodate them. Unfortunately since they took the last room not facing the freeway, I was stuck with a room facing the freeway. It was loud in the morning and could hear traffic; I had to turn on the heat and make it warm just to drown out the sound

I was able to switch rooms the next morning to face away from the freeway and it was much better.

The lobby is very nice, and the staff were very nice and accommodating. I would stay here again and would recommend. Plus the hotel's vicinity makes it a good choice for Cincinnati.

Room Tip: choose a room away from the freeway
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Louisville, Kentucky
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2011

First let me say the Hotel is clean and the room was as well. They have a nice swimming pool and a good gym. The staff were frendly. This has to be one of the LOUDEST Hotels we have ever stayed in. The Hotel has 3 levels and we were on # 2. You could hear every footstep from the above floor. I think they were doing the Texas two step above Us all night.

Now I am not holding this incident against the hotel but it needs to be discussed. There was a couple that got in to a loud verbal and what sounded to be a physical altercation. The staff must not have any security so the Police were called. The man was taken away.

Room was clean and comfortable but all the noise was awful. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, but if you do stay here only stay on the top floor.

Room Tip: 3rd floor only !
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank AgentJim
Kenai, Alaska
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2011

Not that I begrudge anyone having children - I have three - but they should not be allowed to run amuck in a hotel, especially preschool age. As you can imagine, my visit did not improve from there - cheap room (expected), half of the TV stations did not come in (no one available to fix), sub par breakfast (coffee ok), and late check-out offered was a generous 11:30 AM. Oh, and a long, long, long way from the airport. I won't be back.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Bzuefishx
ChristaEldridge, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Cincinnati North, responded to this review, December 5, 2011
Thank you so much for your review and I'm so sorry that you didn't experience the quality that we expect!

After a major power failure last week, we lost many of operating system interfaces such as front office computing, the ability to make guest room keys and even some of our TV channels. Although we worked dilligently to get those issues resolved, I know that it left many guests without the most basic of services such as yourself. I tried to connect with everyone that it affected, but unfortunately I clearly did not have the opportunity to address your concerns personally.

I urge you to call me directly and I would be happy to speak with you regarding your experiences. We work very hard to maintain a quality product and I have a entire team of individuals that work dilligently to provide the best possible service. Although we aren't the most convenient to the airports (45 minutes to CVG and 30 minutes to DAY) we have a great location that sits right between Dayton and Cincinnati off of I-75. We have many business travelers that stay with us each and every week. I do hope you'll give us another try!

Warm Regards, Christa Eldridge, General Manager
Baldwinsville, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2011

was on a business trip with family. had to spend one night here, before I could get into our booked hotel at trade show. friendly staff, I booked this as they had a pool and figured my 8 year old son would like to go in pool, they also had a whirlpool which my son and I used.

breakfast was nice.. very pleasant staff

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Chester
Home2 Suites by Hilton Cincinnati Liberty Township
Home2 Suites by Hilton Cincinnat...
#2 of 2 in Liberty Township
Cincinnati Marriott North
Cincinnati Marriott North
#4 of 15 in West Chester
AC Hotel Cincinnati at Liberty Center
AC Hotel Cincinnati at Liberty C...
#1 of 2 in Liberty Township
Homewood Suites by Hilton Cincinnati / West Chester
Hampton Inn & Suites Cincinnati Union Centre
Hilton Garden Inn Cincinnati / West Chester

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Cincinnati North? Share your experiences!