“Average Marriott”

Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in West Chester
Detroit, Michigan, United States
“Average Marriott”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

The bed was comfortable and the room was okay, looking over the ugly roof on the 3rd floor. The bathroom had a disgusting dust filled air vent in the shower which has old yellowing tile. I worked until 1am and was awoken at 8am by loud workers throwing curtain rods around. This was my first, and hopefully last time here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I was recently a guest here for a wedding reception, the lobby is great, front desk employees were great help even walking us to the elevator. The rooms were very clean and comfy, a little out dated and worn but it is an old hotel. The reception was beautiful and the food was great but the last night we were there we had problems with our tv remote and the employee they sent up continually hit on myself and my friend, I think his name was Corey...?, but he definitely made us uncomfortable, I would def recommend this hotel if I knew he was no longer an employee but because of our experience with him stay away!

• Stayed August 2013
Jennifer P, General Manager at Cincinnati Marriott North, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your post on trip advisor. I wanted to apologize if you felt anyone on our team did not act appropriately. We take our customer satisfaction and safety very seriously at the hotel and would like to address these comments. I’d like to be able to investigate this situation further however need some additional details. If you would be so kind to contact me directly so that I can get additional details that would be helpful. You can reach me at 513-645-4601 or at Jennifer.L.Porter@marriott.com. Again thank you for your review!

Jennifer Porter
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I wasn't expecting such an energetic hotel lobby during my stay at the Marriott. I believe there were a couple of wedding parties staying at the hotel at the same time as a youth soccer tournament. This hotel was hopping both days and nights that I stayed here. The area of West Chester has the standard suburbia attractions: popular chain restaurants, movie theater and major interstate access to downtown Cincy (30 min drive). That pretty much sums up West Chester. The hotel was clean and nice. It wasn't noisy or loud on the residential floors which was a nice reprieve from the bar and lobby area. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in or around West Chester, Ohio.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Ingleside, Illinois
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was a very good stay but for a few things. When I went to check the hotel amnities in the folder, the only ting in there was a room service menu. I got the stay w breakfast option which is well worth the extra $10 because it includes breakfast for 2 plus internet.
Second, in the business center, I attempted to print my next day's boarding passes over half a dozen times before I finally got one printout and never changed a thing.
Lastly, and this is more the fault of the city/town: you can't turn left at Mulhauser/Union Center and nowhere does it warn you of that fact. So you have to cross over the bridge, turn into a shopping mall, do a u-turn, then drive back to Union Center/Mulhauser to turn right. These maneuvers, in rush hour traffic take more than 20 minutes to accomplish. Quite a pain in the neck

Winthrop Harbor, Illinois
Reviewed August 26, 2013

In town for a sales meeting, spent 4 nights at this property. It was impeccable! Rooms were excellent, hallways were clean and quiet, elevators were very fast. Food in the restaurant was excellent. Hotel is across the street from several restaurants and shopping. Close to the 275 for easy access west, east, north and south. Desk and bell staff was very helpful and extremely courteous. I would stay at this location again.

Room Tip: I parked in the back as spaces filled up quickly. Back entrance is close to the elevator which is i...
Maryland
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Spent two nights in this hotel for a business meeting hosted by the hotel. The meals were great, and the staff went out of their way to ensure all of our needs were met in a time manner. The concierge lounge in this hotel is staffed by very friendly and outgoing concierges. The fitness center in this hotel is one of the best I have seen. Finally, the rooms were very clean and well appointed. Recommended for any traveller!

Woodhaven, Michigan
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Wonderful hotel, great experience. Every staff member we encountered was very courteous and helpful. They went out of their way to accommodate us. The bed and pillows were so comfortable if I could have fit them in my car I would have.

I have stayed here before and have never been disappointed in the service or accommodations.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends