“The staff makes the difference!!!”

Cincinnati Marriott North
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in West Chester
Ontario
“The staff makes the difference!!!”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Stopped in at random for an overnight stay on our trip back to Canada. Walked in the front door and was greeted by 3 people at the front desk, all in excellent moods, big smiles. The front desk supervisor, Nathan, was very well dressed, clean cut with those "american" boyish good looks and looked like he just stepped out of a Marriott promotional poster. He was extremely polite, respectful, had a great sense of humour and bent over backwards to accommodate us. In the morning we ate in the restaurant and Michele, our waitress, did the same. Made for an extremely enjoyable stay. The hotel itself was very nice, aside from a bit of a funky smell in the hallway. The room was clean, well presented and the bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Flexter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Roselle
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Great hotel with choices of restaurants nearby-- about 20 minutes from downtown Cincy. Very nice lobby and rooms. We were in for a baseball playoff game. When we checked in, the front desk attendant forgot to give us our complimentary WiFi access code, which was not a big deal.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 1st floor close to workout room and pool.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Voorhees, New Jersey
Reviewed October 10, 2012

This Marriot has been, by far, my best hotel experience--ever. First things first, the building itself is centered right around many local attractions/services, making it easy to decide on where to go for a place to eat, an activity to do, or an errand to run. If for some reason you find it difficult to pick any of those options, any of their staff members are very knowledgeable of the surrounding area and would be truly happy in assisting you in picking a place; the gentleman who helped me was even nice enough to print me directions to an AMAZING restaurant in Cincinnati. If you choose to eat at the hotel, and by all means DO, the food is wonderful there too! I would absolutely recommend the breakfast buffet. The inside of the hotel was spotless...the rooms, pristine. I was there for a week on business, so I needed it to feel like I was comfortable/at home and I sure did feel that exact way! Honestly, the beds are amazing in all Marriot locations, but I just have to throw that in here. I really just have to commend their staff on working with me the entire week; I had a few issues here and there with my company card/info and they helped me out immediately every single time. I was greeted every morning before work, and every evening after work...ALWAYS with a genuine smile by any staff member who was around. Really, this location is fantastic. I only wish that I was in Ohio more often so that I could continue to stay here. A big thumbs up to everyone in the Marriott Cincinnati North! Keep up the great work, everyone. :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed September 25, 2012

From the time we walked into the newly renovated lobby employees went out of their way to ensure we were welcome. The entire building is clean and well maintained. Pool Area is nice and the exercise facility is larger and has more equipment then most hotels. Concierge lounge and attendant were awesome.

• Stayed September 2012
Reviewed September 24, 2012

had a recent business trip in West Chester, Ohio and stayed at this property. The staff was really great throughtout the stay making sure we had everything we needed. The hotel was well kept, the room had a lot of space. Despite facing the highway, there was no noise from the road. the workout facility was good. forgot my headphones and they were out and no cc on the tv oh well. food at breakfast was good in restaurant.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This hotel is lovely but a little older. The small bathrooms give away the age of the building. Other than feeling cramped in the bathroom, it was fine for the price. The staff was vey welcoming and helpful. The lobby area and atrium at pleasant. More and more I am frustrated when free internet access isn't provided in hotel rooms, but it is free in the lobby/atrium but you still have to get a password from the front desk. It is just not as convenient to go down to the lobby area to use your computer if you wish to be online. And how many people travel without their laptop or IPad? Offering free internet access in the rooms just seems like a no-brainer to me. There are plenty of restaurants and stores close to the hotel. Indoor heated pool was nice but a little small. I would stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Marysville, Ohio
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Clean and neat. The staff walked us to our room, waived the wireless fee, and brought us a phone charger (we forgot ours). Good location. Stayed here out of downtown for Oktoberfest. Easy access to 75 and 71.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the outside (south side would be good), not the interior roofs.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple