“good place in ohio” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cincinnati Marriott North
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in West Chester
“good place in ohio”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

had a recent business trip in West Chester, Ohio and stayed at this property. The staff was really great throughtout the stay making sure we had everything we needed. The hotel was well kept, the room had a lot of space. Despite facing the highway, there was no noise from the road. the workout facility was good. forgot my headphones and they were out and no cc on the tv oh well. food at breakfast was good in restaurant.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

This hotel is lovely but a little older. The small bathrooms give away the age of the building. Other than feeling cramped in the bathroom, it was fine for the price. The staff was vey welcoming and helpful. The lobby area and atrium at pleasant. More and more I am frustrated when free internet access isn't provided in hotel rooms, but it is free in the lobby/atrium but you still have to get a password from the front desk. It is just not as convenient to go down to the lobby area to use your computer if you wish to be online. And how many people travel without their laptop or IPad? Offering free internet access in the rooms just seems like a no-brainer to me. There are plenty of restaurants and stores close to the hotel. Indoor heated pool was nice but a little small. I would stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Marysville, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Clean and neat. The staff walked us to our room, waived the wireless fee, and brought us a phone charger (we forgot ours). Good location. Stayed here out of downtown for Oktoberfest. Easy access to 75 and 71.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the outside (south side would be good), not the interior roofs.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

I was checked in by Stefanie (I believe that was her name) who was extremely welcoming and helpful. She gave us a free upgrade as if she was more than happy to do it. We are gold so we received access to the concierge lounge which was very nice and cozy although it's small. The snacks were really nice - plenty of snack bars, chips, sodas, and juices. The evening snacks/food was not so plentiful though and the middle aged/older woman who was the attendant was not real nice - she treated me as if I didn't belong and made a comment about me being there with my three small kids. I was surprised and rather offended but enjoyed the lounge none the less. I wish I had gotten her name because I'm sure the other attendants are kind. There wasn't much hot food/sandwiches compared to other Marriott lounges we've been to but the fruit and cheese was nice. I didn't come back for breakfast so no comment.
The room was lovely - very very nice! Very clean and updated with nice amenities. Housekeeping does a very good job which is appreciated. This upgraded room made me want to stay longer but we were just there for the night of 5/31/12.
The pool was nice although the floor was quite slippery. The workout room was nice with good equipment but it wasn't too large.
There are plenty of restaurants within walking distance, too, and the hotel is right off the highway and easy to find from I-75.
The hotel is very nice and makes for a great getaway stay with or without children.
This is one of my favorite Marriott hotels in the area.
Thanks and I hope others enjoy their stay as much as we did.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

I recently stayed at this Marriott for 2 nights. It is very close to I-75, neighboring restaurants and the IKEA! The staff was very friendly, personally showing me to the elevator etc.. They were very helpful in navigating me around the surrounding area as well. The room was extremely clean. Although I had dinner at other places, I did have the breakfast both mornings at the Marriott and I must say it was WONDERFUL and a bargain price for what is available! The made-to-order eggs benedict and the huge variety made it worthwhile for me!! I would stay here again in the future without a doubt.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Columbus, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

The staff was very helpful and friendly. The rooms were very clean and well maintained. The room had a great memory foam mattress but pillows that were hard as rocks. The bathroom was the only big disappointment. It was very small and not up to standard for a higher end hotel. It was more like a Holiday Inn type bathroom from the 90's. The pool was nice and clean but no spa. The breakfast buffet was top notch and a deal at 12.95. And the hotel is down the street from Ikea.

• Stayed July 2012
Rockford, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel on business. I was pleasantly suprised by the top notch customer service I received at this hotel. I stay at different Marriott hotels every week, and have never written a review, because the service never warranted it. The staff here was extremely friendly. The lady in the concierge's lounge was overly attentive and took the time to get to know everyone that entered. I left and came back a few times and she remembered my name. I get the impression that she remembers everyone's name especially those that frequent this hotel often. I will definitely stay at this hotel again if I'm traveling in the area, I wouldn't go anywhere else. I ordered room service, which was good, and arrived on-time. Everyone I encountered was friendly. I just wish all hotels had staff as dedicated as this one.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business