“Nice all the way until we checked out”

Cincinnati Marriott North
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in West Chester
South Georgia
“Nice all the way until we checked out”
Reviewed March 18, 2011

Hotel is nice. Lobby is gorgeous. In a very safe area. I was going to give great ratings on everything until the incident we had this morning when we were leaving. We were coming down the hallway from the elevator. There was a man dressed in business attire leaving for the morning. An employee was standing near the coffee station with a tray of scones. She offered one to the gentleman ahead of us; but when we approached, she quickly trotted to the front desk, stalled for a minute while we turned in our room cards, and then circled back to her station. It was so obvious that the scones were NOT meant for us. Now, we did not want a scone, but it was rude. I don't know if it was because we were in jeans, or the fact we were leaving, but it was just unfortunate that they lost a return customer with a 15 second act of snobbery. If that kind of thing doesn't bother you, then this is a nice hotel and you can be rest assured you are in a very safe area.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank cheesypeachRN

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
London
Reviewed March 11, 2010

Excellent front desk operation. At this price, I would have expected free wireless internet but had to pay $10 per day.
Otherwise stay was great...only thing I didn't like was the smell of chlorine coming from the fountain in the atrium...very off-putting

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed December 12, 2009

I've done several conventions at this hotel over the past few years. It's a fairly typical "new" Marriott. Each room has an HDTV flat screeen with HD channels. The internet is solid. They have free coffee out each morning. There are plenty of places to eat in the area.

But what makes this Marriott so special is the service. Every time I've been here, everyone on the staff has been exceptionally friendly. They really go out of their way to make everything great. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Toledo Ohio
Reviewed September 1, 2009

The seasoned reviewers note - this is your typical Marriott - standard footprint that was introduced by Marriott nationwide in the alte 90's. Same restaurant and same room service menu, concierge lounge the same. But there is now some difference. Perhaps it is the economy and you cannot blame them but the facility is starting to show its wear. There are fewer staff members and thus service is not as fast. Now mind you, the staff are still good in guest relations but the rooms are starting to show wear in the carpets, stains in the grout in the bathtubs, the smaller bathrooms are a poor competitor to the newer Courtyards and Hyatt Places. I have stayed at this particular Marriott at least 35-40 times the past two years and it is one of the better properties in the Cinti area. But call me spoiled if you will. But spending 190-225 nights per year in hotels I figure I have earned that right. I have not reviewed this property before and will admit that I will still likely select it. But the $209-239 rate per night for the Concierge Lounge to get the poorer selection of food and drink and service (Otis Spunkmeyer wrapped cookies instead of the homemade ones that used to be served) is no longer worth it. The Courtyards and the Hyatt Places go for $149-189 per night and they are newer, cleaner, better service, and more comfortable. The top end Marriotts may have seen their last days.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank TravelerONE2468
Reviewed June 26, 2009

This is a fairly typical Marriott full service property. There's a pool, exercise room and all. The rooms are nice and it's fairly well located; there are plenty of restaurants around, a mall 5 minutes away, etc. What I found special about this place was the service. I stayed for 14 nights and every single staff member I have come into contact with has was cheerful and every so helpful! Kudos for having such a wonderful staff.

• Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 9, 2009

I stayed here with my husband for our anniversary last weekend. I can't say we had many complaints.The service was good and the staff friendly. Our room was very clean. Bed was quite comfortable. We ordered room service and it was way too expensive for what we got but...that is to be expected. Restaraunt was good. Overall a nice comfortable stay but nothing beyond your standard Marriott. Location is great, right by IKEA and several other places to eat.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Australia
Reviewed June 8, 2009

I stayed for 5 nights for a conference. I was happy with the room. I loved the pillows. It's a great place to stay for a conference. The staff were friendly and helpful. There was an error with my bill which took a few weeks to fix but I was happy with the outcome. The internet was good too.

The food at the restaurant was ok and the service was really good. I had a really good stay. I also appreciated the coin operated guest laundry. The fitness centre looks alright although I didn't get a chance to try it out.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business