“Hidden Gem”

Ranked #9 of 200 Restaurants in West Chester
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Sultan's is hidden away in a little strip mall off Tylersville Road but is definitely not a place to be missed. My husband and I have eaten here several times and the food and service are always wonderful. It's nice to have a local restaurant that isn't a chain to enjoy a nice dinner.

There are newer reviews for Sultan's Mediterranean Cuisine

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Great food. Have been here twice and received great food both times. Service was OK and the atmosphere was warm and inviting. I'll go back.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

I came into the restaurant with fairly low expectations, as I am not that fond of Mediterranean food. However, from the warm pita bread to the entrée, it was more than a welcome surprise. I ordered the baked eggplant and it was filled with a mixture of ground lamb & beef (not too strong for those not fond of lamb) with nice spices, but not overpowering. The eggplant was tender and easy to cut with a fork. A small rice pilaf was served with it. I would definitely order this again. We were there on a Sunday night and I couldn't believe the number of diners, particularly as we left at 8:15 or so. Our friends are planning a trip to turkey and wanted to try some of the cuisine before leaving the US. They ordered the sampler platter and were not disappointed either.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Me and my husband came here for dinner to celebrate our five year wedding anniversary on Saturday 4/19/2014. The restaurant was practically empty but we still waited for more than five minutes to even be acknowledged at the front door. They only had what looked to be three servers on the floor, one was working, one was walking around and the third was standing and having a conversation with the manager or owner. Once we were seated, we sat there for another 10 minutes before the same girl who seated us came back and asked us if the male server had come to us yet. He had not! She took our drink order and he followed her promptly with water for us. Another couple with a baby came in and the male server greeted them at the door, he obviously knew them, and brought them a basket of bread and olive oil. We had not received anything of the sort by this point. five minutes later we received our bread and oil. We ordered our entre with the same poor girl that was doing everything and then another larger party came in and the same male server greeted them at the door, he knew them as well, calling them by name. He seated them right away and took their drink order and brought their bread. It took more than 25 minutes for us to get our ONE entre to share. Once we received our food it was good, but the service was so terrible. We took a box home and it took 15 minutes for us to get our check. We eventually had to ask for it. We arrived at the restaurant at 8:01 PM. We left at 9:49 PM. That is almost two hours for a diet coke and one entre. Ridiculous! We have been here several times before, but will NEVER come back. You just lost a customer here folks. My husband approached the manager/owner (not sure which he is) and told him about our experience. He just looked at us very confused and said sorry. I am not sure he understood what was going on. He is the one who was keeping his female servers busy with conversation when we came in.

2  Thank Alesia L
Reviewed April 14, 2014

I was looking for a restaurant in West Chester, and Sultan's was the highest rated restaurant in West Chester on tripadvisor. I'm very glad that I looked on tripadvisor.

The food was great and so was the service. I will definitely return to this restaurnant--and it's worth the drive from Dayton.