“Great Experience”

43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Great Experience”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I've attended several classes at The Learning Kitchen over the past two years and thoroughly enjoyed each one. The class size is small and not at all intimidating, even for those of us who know very little about good cooking. The environment is warm and friendly, so I was comfortable attending on my own. There are a wide variety of classes so it is possible to attend a basic course on techniques (e.g., how to use a knife and keep all of your fingers - my name for it, not theirs) or learn how to make a variety of delicious dishes from basic to impressive. After preparing the food, tables are available to enjoy eating everything you made while talking to others in the class. On the night of the class, you can purchase anything in the store at a discount but there is absolutely no pressure to buy a thing. I've discovered and loved dipping oils, sauces and dressings I've found nowhere else. I highly recommend it.

Visited October 2012

Cincinnati, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“No help with canellation”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I am having the same experience as Angela. I had booked a reservation, but had a conflict arise. Nine days prior to the class, I called to try to change the reservation date, get a gift card, or cancel the reservation. I was told it was less than the 10 day cancellation required (which I acknowledge it was) and that since the class was not sold out, they could not help me as they already bought the food for the class. After rechecking their website, it showed the class was in fact sold out, I called back and was told they just had booked the last seat (strange, within 5 minutes of my call?).

I asked them to list the class as having our seats still available with the hopes of them booking someone in my place, but as of today they have not accomadated.

The learning kitchen may be a great time, but I can't help but feel that they are more interested in my money that accomadating a customer.

Visited October 2012
3 Thank GPerkins8
LearningKitchen, Owner at The Learning Kitchen, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Cancellation policies are an industry standard for all cooking schools. While we understand that things can come up last minute, policies are in place to allow The Learning Kitchen to continue to offer the high quality cooking classes that we pride ourselves on. The sold out status of a class has no bearing on the cancellation policy. Whether the class is sold out, or has 5 registrants, the 10 day cancellation policy always applies.

For those that have attended one of our classes, you have experienced the high level of detail and planning to goes into executing a 2 hour hands on class with 12 students. Therefore, we must have all details final, including attendance numbers, 10 days prior to the scheduled class.

Our policy is clearly stated in each and every class description and we cannot make exceptions. The Learning Kitchen cannot be faulted for a customer's personal scheduling conflict that arises within the 10 day cancellation window. If we have someone on a waiting list we always make an attempt to contact those customers to try to help find replacements. If a conflict arises with the personal schedules of a customer, we encourage them to seek a replacement for the spots that have been reserved in the class.
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“WILL NOT BE BACK!!!”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I made a reservation on 9/26 to attend a class on 10/5, on 9/27 sent an email reply to the confirmation stating" unable to attend, what do I need to do", I did not get a response and called to cancel the reservation on 9/29. Of course, it was not able to be done, though I understand the policy to cancel with a 10 day minimum, sometime stuff happens and your not able to send someone in your place, which by the way, defeats the purpose of going yourself in the first place, but to not be able to at least attempt to reschedule in a different class, and to lose out on $130 is ridiculous.

I have been here once before and my husband and I had a great time, but we will def not be back that is for sure. Very disappointing;o(

Visited September 2012
4 Thank Angela C
LearningKitchen, Owner at The Learning Kitchen, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
We are very sorry to hear your disappointment with your experience at The Learning Kitchen. Our cancellation policy is a necessary part of managing our classes and is clearly explained on our website, including the methods of acceptable cancellation. The following is the cancellation policy as written on our website:

Can I cancel or change my reservation?
A minimum 10-day notice via phone or in-person (not email) is required for class cancellations or rescheduling. This policy is in place to keep the costs of our classes as low as possible and ensure that seats are sold to those committed to attending. If you are unable to attend a class, you are encouraged to send someone in your place. We cannot make exceptions.

Our classes are always set for the number of confirmed registrations so we do hope you are able to find a replacement to attend your scheduled class.
Mason, Ohio
“Date Night - His & Her Steaks”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

This was our first experience in the Learning Kitchen and it was great! I'm not the best in the kitchen and was nervous about cooking in front of others. However, it was very laid back and we had an awesome time. Learned alot (even small things such as seasoning tips and knife skills) and we were proud of the end result. We have already reproduced some of what we learned and have scheduled our second lesson! Would definitely recommend.

Visited September 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“"Everything FISH at The Learning Kitchen”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Had a great time participating in the "Fish-Season, Sear and Sauce cooking class on Aug 24. My friend and I enjoy cooking together and were looking forward to learning some tricks of the trade. We were not disappointed. Not knowing what to expect, I was pleased to see that Mike, our teacher-chef, was not intimidating in any way. He was a great teacher who was willing to take the time to answer questions and reinforce the proper techniques as we went along. This class was time well-spent. I will definitely be back! Thanks, Learning Kitchen!

Visited August 2012