“Problems, but the staff responded appropriately”

Residence Inn Cincinnati North/West Chester
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in West Chester
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Upon checking into the hotel we were pleased. The staff was friendly. The lobby was clean and very nice. The room looked pretty good. We found somone's glasses lens and a dog biscuit under a bed, but brought it to the attention of the staff and they offered compensation.
Things went down hill at bedtime. We kept smelling a strange odor when we sat on the couch. Upon investigation we realized there was a urine stain on the floor. The hotel was full but we were given Febreeze, some snacks, and bonus Marriott points for the trouble. We thought it was okay. Then we pulled out the sleeper sofa for our son and found the source of the urine odor. It seems someone had and accident on the sofa-bed and it was just folded up and put away. The smell on the carpet was where the urine had leaked through the mattress and bedframe onto the carpet. The smell was terrible. We immediately called the front desk. Because the hotel was full we could not change rooms (and we already had 3 kids sleeping in the beds anyway). We moved the soiled mattress into the hall and maintenance brought up a different one. We sprayed the whole interior of the sofa bed with Febreeze. We decided to have our son not sleep on it and make do. The staff was very apologetic and comped the room becuase of the situation. They handled a bad situation appropriately.
Breakfast was excellent with many choices, including Asian-inspired rice and oatmeals (which we were tickled with because we have lived in Taiwan). Excellent hot breakfast included eggs, suasage & gravy, waffles with many toppings etc. One of the best hotel breakfast bars we have ever seen.
We did not use the pool or other ammenities, but they all looked very nice and well kept up. We would return to this hotel, dispite the problems, because the staf handled things well.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank FootballTurtle5
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Cincinnati North/West Chester

Reviewed July 13, 2012

We are here in Ohio for a national youth basketball tournament and so far, this hotel has been tremendous! Family oriented to the max! Breakfast included. Dinners included M-Th. Staff very accomodating. Nice workout facilities and basketball court outside is very helpful.

Our room is spacious and clean - lots of room for us with 2 kids.

I can share more as the week goes by. We are thrilled with this hotel!

Thank you.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

This property came through for me and my family in a pinch. Our initial hotel (another Marriott property about 5 miles away) had a power outage due to a storm and we switched to the Residence Inn since we didn't know when or if the power would return. The staff was great! The young man, Brandon, that checked us in was alone on duty handling 2 wedding parties and some other big event but still managed to find a corner room (a little bigger than other rooms) and make sure we had everything we needed. Upon checkout, Megan made sure the e-certificate from my original reservation at the other hotel transferred to the Residence Inn. Overall it was a great stay!

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank BFR1920
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We stayed a weekend at the property to attend a family wedding. Great stay without any problems. Nice breakfast buffet, helpful front desk and clean, nicely decorated rooms.
A quick drive to IKEA and we slept like a baby. It was a bit pricey but it was well worth it.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 3, 2012

This was a leisure trip...long weekend. We live in central Ohio so this was a short trip for us. Our room was a studio with a king bed. With our state having the horrible bed bug problem it does, I have been hesitant to stay anywhere other than home lately. But I did my homework on The Bedbug Registry and it got a clean report. That didn't keep me from doing my usual inspection of the room when we got there. I tore back sheets, lifted the mattress, inspected behind the headboard and furniture. I used my little LED flashlight and found NOTHING! This is the most immaculate hotel I have seen in nearly a decade! Housekeeping was spectacular. The pool was impeccably clean. Honestly, I could not find A THING wrong with the entire place! It was great to be able to relax and not worry about all that.

The hospitality was top-notch! This hotel caters to the business travelers but as a family we felt far more than welcome. The hot breakfast buffet in the morning was great....eggs, waffles, bacon, awesome chocolate muffins, yogurt, etc. Miss Linda, who worked in the cafe area, took a shine to our little girl and spoke to her each morning when she and my husband went down to get our breakfast.

When we venture back to Cincy, we WILL be staying here. I truly cannot believe that another reviewer gave it a 3 and called it "adequate". I've stayed at $$$ resorts that didn't work nearly as hard to please me as this Residence Inn did. I sure wish the activities we took part in while in Cincinnati had turned out as well but those are another review.

Just realized that I deleted the room pics off my phone or I would've shared them with you. Bummer.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank DuckyOne03
Reviewed February 23, 2012

It's a Marriott property. If it isn't right, they fix it. I seldom have a disppointing stay and this was no exception. Fairly new RI in upscale area with plenty of shopping and restaurants. Safe, clean and quiet...what I always expect from a Residence Inn.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 28, 2012

Though we might stay here again, it is unlikely. We have family in Cincinnati and stay in hotels regularly when visiting. We used to have a regular hotel that went downhill and have been looking for a new one for our visits. Based on our experience at other Residence Inns, we hoped this would be it. That is unlikely. The positives included nice decor, friendly staff, and all of the perks of a Residence Inn. It is also conveniently located close to the interstate and a lot of restaurants and stores. The negatives during our stay included an icy parking lot and sidewalks that were not cleared until the sun melted them, breakfast that was worth skipping (the eggs were very overcooked and rubbery), and a very unclean room. The assigned room had hair everywhere, including on the bathroom sink and in the bed (I stopped counting at 7 in the bed). They switched us to a different room (and upgraded us from a studio to a 1 bedroom), which appeared cleaner (though I did find some smaller hairs on the top of the bed and the bathroom sink). I was rather disappointed by the situation and the solution (other hotels have offered additional things, such as reward points or a discount, for similar troubles). Primarily for this reason, we would probably not stay at this hotel again, though we will keep it in mind if another option is not available.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family