“Another really good Residence Inn stay.”

Residence Inn Cincinnati North/West Chester
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in West Chester
NC
“Another really good Residence Inn stay.”
Reviewed February 23, 2012

It's a Marriott property. If it isn't right, they fix it. I seldom have a disppointing stay and this was no exception. Fairly new RI in upscale area with plenty of shopping and restaurants. Safe, clean and quiet...what I always expect from a Residence Inn.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Martinsburg, West Virginia
Reviewed January 28, 2012

Though we might stay here again, it is unlikely. We have family in Cincinnati and stay in hotels regularly when visiting. We used to have a regular hotel that went downhill and have been looking for a new one for our visits. Based on our experience at other Residence Inns, we hoped this would be it. That is unlikely. The positives included nice decor, friendly staff, and all of the perks of a Residence Inn. It is also conveniently located close to the interstate and a lot of restaurants and stores. The negatives during our stay included an icy parking lot and sidewalks that were not cleared until the sun melted them, breakfast that was worth skipping (the eggs were very overcooked and rubbery), and a very unclean room. The assigned room had hair everywhere, including on the bathroom sink and in the bed (I stopped counting at 7 in the bed). They switched us to a different room (and upgraded us from a studio to a 1 bedroom), which appeared cleaner (though I did find some smaller hairs on the top of the bed and the bathroom sink). I was rather disappointed by the situation and the solution (other hotels have offered additional things, such as reward points or a discount, for similar troubles). Primarily for this reason, we would probably not stay at this hotel again, though we will keep it in mind if another option is not available.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Luvtravels33
Dallas
Reviewed November 9, 2011

My husband and I spent a very relaxing night in a one bedroom "suite" here in November,2011. This is a relatively new Residence Inn...I am guessing only a few years old. Honestly, we were driving from Texas to Virginia and just needed a pet-friendly hotel at which to spend the night.

The hotel is spotless and the rooms very comfortable. The beds and linens, while not luxurious, were in much better condition that most hotels at this price point ($119/night). The rooms are large and thought out with a well-stocked kitchenette, sofa and recliner, work table, etc. Being a Saturday afternoon my husband was particularly happy to see the large flat screen TV in the living room plus an extra in the bedroom. Everyone was happy.

If I had to come up with a negative it would be that there was no bathtub. There was a very nice all glass shower stall but after a long day on the highway I could have used a decent tub. No matter.

They did serve a nice buffet breakfast the next morning complete with eggs, pancakes, sausage, etc. if you prefer there are lots of dining options nearby.

Last, we were traveling with a well behaved 83 pound dog. We tolld them about the dog before checking in, walked her right through the lobby, even took her out to several times to get some exercise. The hotel never charged us a surcharge! Remarkable! I carry bags so that we never leave any sign of her in the grass but this hotel even had little bags hanging outside for those who, er, forget to bring their own. Fellow dog owners, please pick up after yourselves so that more hotels open their doors to pet lovers. I assume you pick-up at home so please show respect to others and do so on the road as well.

In summary, if I need to be in this area again I will definetly stay here and you should too!

• Stayed November 2011
Reviewed August 30, 2011

Great motel , good location, good decor. I selected this hotel as I was planning to have my dog with me, she decided not to come. When I am in the area again I will stay next door at the Marriott Courtyard which is a cut above.
A few sevice glitches at the Residence inn, requested additional towels that were not provided. I expected an upgrade as I am a Gold Card member but the room did not appear to be an upgrade. Oh Well !

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Hilton Head, South Carolina
Reviewed August 16, 2011

Just had the pleasure of a 1 night stay at the excellent Residence Inn West Chester( Cincinnati) and can't say enough about the place. Clean hotel, nice roomy suites & friendly staff. Hotel is not brand new, but feels new...even with a few dings & wear on some of the furniture in our room( very minor), the place still felt, smelled & looked brand new! Hallways immaculate, elevators immaculate & room was squeaky clean. We stay at hotels approx. 7-10 nights a month ( mostly Hilton & Marriott) & are VERY picky about cleanliness & the general feel of a hotel and can without hesitation recommend this Residence Inn to anyone who is worried about finding a clean well maintained hotel. The hotel served a nice simple pasta reception meal in the evening and of course set up a a full well stocked breakfast buffet in the morning...even had rice & miso etc. for asian travelers. We did not get to use the pool but we checked it out and it was sooo warm! Hotel is in a very good upscale area with tons of stores & restaurants & IKEA just a block or so away. Wished we could have stayed longer and look forward to our next trip to the area!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Chicago suburbs
Reviewed July 30, 2011

I'm picky about cleanlieness and this hotel was very clean. The front desk staff and dining area staff was very genuinely pleasant, especially to our kids. Typically, you'll get a few rude staff members at any hotel, but ALL of the staff people we encountered were very nice and helpful for our needs (extra towel requests, shaving cream, etc.) and really seemed to like their job.

We had a one bedroom suite with a nice layout that included a living room, kitchen, and small dining area.

The daily breakfast included a lot of items (eggs, pancakes, sausage, bacon, waffles, fresh fruit, toast, etc.) while the free dinner was a little less extensive but nicely balanced items.

You can't go wrong with this hotel that also has quick and easy access to nearby expressways.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Toronto
Reviewed July 5, 2011

This was our first time to this hotel. We were a family travelling with a young child and a senior. We booked a 2 bedroom suite.

Upon check-in we were greeted professionally and in a very welcoming manner. Our 2 bedroom suite was on the first floor. Our suite was emmaculate, very modern, very comfortable and very clean! The beds were also very comfortable, and the wireless internet worked very well for our laptop and also our Iphones.

We needed a nice place to eat dinner and asked the front desk for a recommendation. They recommended Stone Creek which was across the street. It was a wonderful recommendation since the food, ambiance and service was wonderful.

At first I was a bit concerned about staying on the first floor, for noise concerns. We usually stay on higher floors, but they did not have a 2 bedroom suite available on a higher floor. I was pleasantly surprised of how quiet the hotel was, and we were all able to fall asleep without any interruptions whatsoever.

The breakfast in the morning was very good, with scrambled eggs, hash browns, fruit, cereals, yogurts, etc, etc. There was more than enough variety to please everyone in our group.

All in all this is a wonderful hotel, well worth the money, and it is very conveniently located off the highway and very easy to find.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family