“Yummy lunch while shopping”
Review of IKEA Cafe

IKEA Cafe
Ranked #14 of 200 Restaurants in West Chester
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We typically stop at the cafe while we are shopping at IKE...We love the Swedish Meatballs and the Swedish inspired desserts are delightful and fresh. The staff is always friendly and helpful... The seating is comfortable using many of the items from the store in the decor...I do not have small children but it appears to me that people with children and strollers have plenty of room to enjoy a comfortable lunch. There would be plenty of room for wheel chair access and is right by the large elevator to get to the lower floor. It is a nice place to take a break from the awesome shopping at IKEA!~ FYI...on certain shopping days/sales they offer free breakfast or $.99 Breakfast every day!~

There are newer reviews for IKEA Cafe

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Great visit where you children have fun in a play area for an hour while you shop in quiet without children getting bored!
Then in is off for a family lunch. Spring break has free children's meals so that was a bonus! I had the meatballs that were wonderful as well as a great cup of coffee with organic milk! Lovely.
It was a great time of bonding and eating as well as shopping!

Reviewed March 3, 2013

In keeping with their economical approach to furniture, IKEA also offers a reasonably priced cafeteria. Selections are very limited but the food is fresh and tasty. If you're shopping there it's convenient but if you are just passing by some day and want to try something different, check it out.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Typically a visit to IKEA is never a short one and expect to be in line to check out your merchandise. What I typically do is either eat at the cafe first or eat after I've paid for my merchandise. I do like the Swedish meatballs. For $5.99, I get 15 meatballs with mashed potatoes and lingonberry on the side, a soup or side salad, and a drink. For $2.99 you can get a dessert like a chocolate mousse cake or something similar. For a price of fast food, I do enjoy eating at the IKEA cafe and people watch. It's clean, it's real dishes, and it's not too bad. If you really enjoy the food, you can purchase them downstairs. If you spend more than $100 on merchandise, your food is free (ask the cashier or staff on how to get the certificate).

Sometimes the kitchen staff is friendly, sometimes not, depending on how busy they are. However, I would rather eat there after a shopping trip to IKEA than eat fast food.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

IKEA is a must visit if you have one near by. When I lived in Pittsburgh, I became an IKEA fan. The goods are what they are. It's not necessarily the place to get your long-term substantial home furnishing pieces. But for those just starting out, college students, etc., you'll get something that will give you bang for your buck. I am a bit ecclectic. For things I want to last a while, I'll invest (i.e., I don't get those things at IKEA), but for trendy or novelty items, I always find some cool unexpected things.

What I like about it is the little odd finds. It's kind of an event. Reserve at least an hour to "hike" the store. It's big. I would suggest allowing at least an hour. You'll get a little exercise to boot. There is an elevator for those so inclined, or in need, or with strollers. There is also ample space for wheelchair accessibility.

Get a cart. You may think you don't need one. Get one. You'll regret it and will have to hunt one down later in the game.

And if you have a child, they have a (FREE and SECRURE) play area you can check your child into. I am uber paranoid, and I left my child as a toddler. No problems ever adn she really loved it. If you opt to take you child with you, there's a huge kid's area in the store that has some hands on stuff they are sure to enjoy.

Don't eat the food - it's yucky (IMO). That said, the cafe is usually bustling, so I seem to be alone in this view.

Have fun!! You will be glad you went.

1  Thank SpringboroAtty