“Nice break from shopping”
Review of IKEA Cafe

IKEA Cafe
Ranked #14 of 211 Restaurants in West Chester
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Typically a visit to IKEA is never a short one and expect to be in line to check out your merchandise. What I typically do is either eat at the cafe first or eat after I've paid for my merchandise. I do like the Swedish meatballs. For $5.99, I get 15 meatballs with mashed potatoes and lingonberry on the side, a soup or side salad, and a drink. For $2.99 you can get a dessert like a chocolate mousse cake or something similar. For a price of fast food, I do enjoy eating at the IKEA cafe and people watch. It's clean, it's real dishes, and it's not too bad. If you really enjoy the food, you can purchase them downstairs. If you spend more than $100 on merchandise, your food is free (ask the cashier or staff on how to get the certificate).

Sometimes the kitchen staff is friendly, sometimes not, depending on how busy they are. However, I would rather eat there after a shopping trip to IKEA than eat fast food.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

IKEA is a must visit if you have one near by. When I lived in Pittsburgh, I became an IKEA fan. The goods are what they are. It's not necessarily the place to get your long-term substantial home furnishing pieces. But for those just starting out, college students, etc., you'll get something that will give you bang for your buck. I am a bit ecclectic. For things I want to last a while, I'll invest (i.e., I don't get those things at IKEA), but for trendy or novelty items, I always find some cool unexpected things.

What I like about it is the little odd finds. It's kind of an event. Reserve at least an hour to "hike" the store. It's big. I would suggest allowing at least an hour. You'll get a little exercise to boot. There is an elevator for those so inclined, or in need, or with strollers. There is also ample space for wheelchair accessibility.

Get a cart. You may think you don't need one. Get one. You'll regret it and will have to hunt one down later in the game.

And if you have a child, they have a (FREE and SECRURE) play area you can check your child into. I am uber paranoid, and I left my child as a toddler. No problems ever adn she really loved it. If you opt to take you child with you, there's a huge kid's area in the store that has some hands on stuff they are sure to enjoy.

Don't eat the food - it's yucky (IMO). That said, the cafe is usually bustling, so I seem to be alone in this view.

Have fun!! You will be glad you went.

1  Thank SpringboroAtty
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Oh my gosh - this place does it right. Kid friendly beyond belief, nice restaurant with inexpensive but GOOD food on-site and did I mention Kid Friendly. They even have a bottle warming station in the restaurant. They have a serving line with trays but you get a tray carrying cart which conveniently carries the kids food. There is a play area for the kids right in the restaurant area and the shopping area for kids is located by the restaurant so one can watch the kids play while another person slips away to shop for the kids.........ATTENTION TO DETAIL!!!!! The meatballs are their specialty and they were very good........the chicken tenders seemed to be very popular too. This is a good shopping experience as well as eating experience. Try it!!!!!

Reviewed May 30, 2012

If I was retired I'd consider this "my restaurant". The food is excellent and incredibly affordable. $0.99 for breakfast of scrambled eggs, bacon and potatoes? Wow! The meatballs are phenomenal with no "unidentifiable pieces" of gristle or other meat by-product.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

After several hours of shopping, the food hit the spot with our whole crew. Everyone loved the meatballs, and I have a hard-to-please-everyone family. In addition, the price was right. Very reasonably priced for a family of four, especially when two (one teen and one preteen) eat like sumo wrestlers trying to beef up for a match.

We will eat there again!