“Love this place”

Heaven's Corner Zoo & Animal Sanctuary
More attraction details
Owner description: Heavens Corner Zoo is a 501(c)(3)Non-profit, USDA licensed & inspected Organization/Animal Sanctuary/Facility not funded by any outside sources. We are here for the Conservation through Education of the Animals that they have taken in from bad situations & from Facilities that have been forced out of business.
Dayton, Ohio
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Love this place”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

We have been to Heaven's Corner three times. I think one of my children's favorite memories is "racing" with one of the big cats. As the children ran back and forth on the sidewalk outside the cage, the big cat raced after them.

Heaven's Corner has a wide variety of animals, and you can get quite close to them. It's not like a zoo, with wide expanses for the animals to roam in; these animals are in cages. I think most of the animals have been rescued either because they are injured or from owners who took on more than they can handle. There are birds, snakes, many types of big cats, kangaroos, and more.

If you're in the area, I recommend visiting Heaven's Corner.

(The date on this review will say April 2012, but I actually last visited in 2011. I wasn't able to choose that as an option.)

Visited April 2012
4 Thank lovetheUSA76

Lewisburg, Ohio, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Other reviews”
Reviewed May 6, 2012

This place is such an amazing home for misplaced and neglected animals! I love how they try to incorporate the natural habitat of the specific animal being housed.We go every year and we donate and try to make sure we do our part. These animals would be put down otherwise. Be advised, it is not a zoo!!! Do not go in if you are expecting that. I am apalled at the bad review that was received. This person obviously doesn't realize what these people are doing, and that the kids get to see and pet a lot of the animals.

Visited July 2011
4 Thank TracyS171
Xenia, Ohio
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Interesting”
Reviewed January 9, 2012

I would never have thought that there would be a place so "off the beaten track" that would have as many exotic animals as this place has. I recommend it!

3 Thank Pete V
Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“In response to the Terrible review”
Reviewed December 28, 2011

This is not like a zoo. There is a lot of hard work and time put into this sanctuary. Until you have worked at a non-profit USDA INSPECTED property I would think you would withhold your judgement. They do not have the resources financially to make it as crisp and clean as a zoo does. If you have never worked with these people I find it very rude to condemn them as weather and volunteer abscenses do play a part in their every day chores.

Visited November 2011
7 Thank jbokhart
Chicago
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Someone needs to inspect and then Close this place down...”
Reviewed November 6, 2011

I was surprised to come upon this place with my daughter when we were going to Dayton. We thought it might be like a rescue sanctuary. But when we went there, we saw the animals in really bad conditions! There was a young bear cub that was in a cage barely the size for him to turn around. It was filthy and smelled. The bear was pacing and rocking his head back and forth. The big cats and other animals were all in cages with green water and no interest for them. There was a pit with two bears stuck down below in. It was dirty and it looks like this place is breeding the animals for money. We love sanctuarys and support them. They are NOT supposed to be breeding at any sanctuary....this place is as bad as that guy that let all his animals go. This place is not saving animals- only making a profit off them by breeding them to sell. We will never go back here...not a happy place for animals!

Visited September 2011