“Dinner with Dickens at Hammel House Inn”
Review of Hammel House Inn

Hammel House Inn
Ranked #4 of 21 Restaurants in Waynesville
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Waynesville is a very charming village and one of our favorite places to have lunch is Hammel House Inn. During December they also offer a great dinner with Eric Wolf, who gives a unique spin on the Charles Dicken's story, A Christmas Carol. My husband and I enjoy it so much we have attended every year. Reservations are required! It is truly a wonderful experience!

Date of visit: December 2012
3  Thank Rhonda5519jimi

Reviewed September 13, 2012

I share the other reviewers love of the Hammel House's lunch. May I recommend the corn chowder. Whenever I eat out and find this soup on the menu, I have to order it. The corn chowder was perfection. You could tell there was no skimping or short cuts. I was disappointed to find this is not an everyday item. But if you are lucky enough to stop in when this is on the menu, it will make your trip to Waynesville worth the travel.

Date of visit: September 2012
1  Thank MrOzz
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Great Bed & Breakfast with clean, comfortable and spacious rooms. Staff was helpful and friendly. Dinner was delicious and the Ghosts and Goblets tour that they offer is a lot of fun and a great experience. Can't wait to go back next year!

Date of visit: September 2012
2  Thank D H
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Had lunch today and it was delicious. The buttermilk chicken sandwich is the best I have ever had. Whoever is the chef there should be commended on their love of food because it shows. The blackberry cobbler was incredible and the people just topped off the day with their kindness. Thank you Hammel house for such a wonderful lunch and money is tight for us at this time but splurging for lunch out proved to be a excellent decision. Quality food and great staff!!

1  Thank hlokitty21
Reviewed May 14, 2012

My sisters and I had a great day shopping in Waynesville, Ohio on a beautiful Spring day that could not have been more perfect. We decided to eat lunch at Hammel House Inn since we had tried to stay there but could not get a reservation for the weekend. So, the next best thing was to try their delicious food. We ate on the porch, and had a very nice, efficient waitress. We started out with an appetizer of sweet potato fries with marshmallows or honey mustard. We then were told the special on Saturdays was Kentucky hot browns, so two of us ordered it. There was a slight problem with that because the first one came out without the cheese sauce, so I thought it must not come with one, however the next one did have the sauce and after bringing it to the attention of our server, she took it back and they corrected it. Two of us also tried the sauerkraut soup, which is unexpectantly good. The other two diners with us had the onion soup which was chock full of onion and cheese, which was delicious and they also had really good salads. I will go back and look forward to trying other delicious things on their menu, especially the desserts.

Date of visit: May 2012