“Dinner with Dickens at Hammel House Inn”
Review of Hammel House Inn

Hammel House Inn
Ranked #3 of 19 Restaurants in Waynesville
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Dinner with Dickens at Hammel House Inn”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Waynesville is a very charming village and one of our favorite places to have lunch is Hammel House Inn. During December they also offer a great dinner with Eric Wolf, who gives a unique spin on the Charles Dicken's story, A Christmas Carol. My husband and I enjoy it so much we have attended every year. Reservations are required! It is truly a wonderful experience!

• Visited December 2012
3 Thank Rhonda5519jimi

Indiana
“Great Lunch”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I share the other reviewers love of the Hammel House's lunch. May I recommend the corn chowder. Whenever I eat out and find this soup on the menu, I have to order it. The corn chowder was perfection. You could tell there was no skimping or short cuts. I was disappointed to find this is not an everyday item. But if you are lucky enough to stop in when this is on the menu, it will make your trip to Waynesville worth the travel.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank MrOzz
JACKSON
“Wonderful Stay”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Great Bed & Breakfast with clean, comfortable and spacious rooms. Staff was helpful and friendly. Dinner was delicious and the Ghosts and Goblets tour that they offer is a lot of fun and a great experience. Can't wait to go back next year!

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank D H
United States
“Absolutely delicious”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Had lunch today and it was delicious. The buttermilk chicken sandwich is the best I have ever had. Whoever is the chef there should be commended on their love of food because it shows. The blackberry cobbler was incredible and the people just topped off the day with their kindness. Thank you Hammel house for such a wonderful lunch and money is tight for us at this time but splurging for lunch out proved to be a excellent decision. Quality food and great staff!!

1 Thank hlokitty21
Dayton, Ohio
“Wonderful Service with Wonderful Food = Wonderful Memories”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

My sister and her husband were in from San Antonio this past weekend 14-16 Jul 12 and we elected to visit Waynseville OH for their Second Saturday Street Faire. If you're looking for a small town with quaint shops surrounded by history - this is the place! I had choosen the Hammel House as our spot to eat and the food was excellent!!!! Each of us (5 adults) had a different dish and were extremely pleased with the portions and the taste. We also had a chance to speak to the owner (Pam) who porivided us some history on the Inn. My sister rated this trip as a 10 and I will agree. We look ofrward to our next rip to Waynesville and the Hammel House Inn.

• Visited July 2012