“Best steaks--hands down!”

Lake White Club
Ranked #11 of 23 Restaurants in Waverly
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Lake White Club has been a tradition in Waverly, Ohio since 1936. We serve a variety of american food from our famous fried chicken and onion tangles, to filet mignon, salmon, and sandwiches. There is something for everyone!
“Best steaks--hands down!”
Reviewed May 15, 2012 via mobile

I got the pleasure of spending my birthday at the Lake White Club. My husband and two children went with me, and I really loved the food. The atmosphere was a bit dated but it's nothing a little TLC can fix. I really like the lounge part with the old cabin feel; however in the actual dining area it's got that 1979ish feel with clapboard paneling and accordion doors. However, aside from that, my filet mignon was done to perfection and I was really surprised they offered us complimentary onion straws with our dinner. I really liked their soup with the croutons in it. For dessert since it was my birthday I received a red velvet cupcake that was to die for! Also we were sat by the window so we could watch the ducks on the lake. All in all it was a really good experience. I want to try their buffet sometime as well as their legendary fried chicken.

2 Thank Sparklyladybug

Bainbridge Ross County, Ohio
“Back in business!”
Reviewed January 31, 2012

Management was a little poor in the past, but the new owner is doing a much better job. Excellent service, delicious food.

2 Thank honestevaluations
chillicothe
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not so great”
Reviewed January 23, 2012

My friends went there and the service and the food were poor. I was not pleased at all. The food took too long and our steaks were over cooked. The server didnt seem to care. I will not be returning there. Guess its who you know in there.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank james s
Detroit, Michigan
“new owners, food even better!”
Reviewed November 21, 2011

Have been eating at Lake White Club for about 20 years, since my dad and mom moved to Waverly. Hearing that the ownership had changed made me a bit leary, too (like another reviewer). But, they have retained the old favorites (with the previous owner's recipes) and have provided a much better menu. I had some of the best scallops I've ever had! I love the fried onion rings. The wait staff was wonderful. Good job!

• Visited November 2011
2 Thank Gena B
Piketon, Ohio
“New owners have kept the good stuff and added some really nice features”
Reviewed November 17, 2011

I love the homemade dressings, chicken broth, rolls and onion strings at LWC and the new owners have kept Audrey's recipes alive and well. I have visited the new Sunday buffet once and really liked the offerings, especially the Crab Bisque. I enjoy the upgraded side salads with each entree, especially with the housemade bleu cheese dressing! The other menu items my family and I have tried have been well recieved. I am looking forward to checking out the seafood buffet soon.

Visited October 2011