All reviewshi expressfire alarmgas stationroom was cleanyogurtcommon areasmicrowave and refrigeratorlittle thingsnice breakfastcleaning staffconvenient locationhot tubwould stay here againturnpikefairgroundsmotelinns
Reviewed August 8, 2017

Spent an overnight here while travelling through OH. Check in was painless. The room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom and necessities were all in good order. We had breakfast (included) the next AM. Nothing special here but edible and fresh.

This location is literally in the middle of nowhere directly off of I-90. Easy to get to but not much around. Perfect for a short stop.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 19, 2017

It is in a convenient location, we where here for an event at the fairgrounds and it is just a minute away from that, they do have signs in the bathroom telling you to keep the door shut and vent fan on while showering, we did and had no problems, but the fire alarm did go off the first night we were there about 3am? We were checked in with no problems, got our room, looks like the place is undergoing some renovation as they are putting on a new room, we were on the ground floor, so it never bothered us, I think they are due for new beds as ours seemed soft and would sink to the middle. The cleaning staff needs to be a little more attentive as there was a candy wrapper in the corner of the room, and was still there after we left, clearly they were not paying any attention in cleaning the room, the breakfast bar was nice and seemed fresh all the time, with the typical breakfast at a HI express, over all good stay, friendly people

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 14, 2017

We spent one night here during a cross country trip with our 2 dogs. It is a great spot to stay with pets. There is a lot of lawn areas outside and it seems to be a very safe and quiet area, fine for a late night walk if necessary. We didn't use the hotel pool, but it also looked very nice and clean. In the morning there was a very nice breakfast included as well. Overall we were very happy with our stay.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed July 1, 2017 via mobile

Staff was very accommodating, room was clean, and breakfast was good. It was very easy to get off and back on the highway, and there is a gas station right across the street. We would stay here again.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed May 2, 2017

Everything was going fairly well until checkout on Sunday. We were eating breakfast, close to the end of the breakfast hour. The manager was very loud about (We're not making any more food, or we'll have too much waste" as another couple had just arrived. One of the guests turned on the pancake making machine, and the manager walked past, and turned it back off. After returning to the room with my elderly parents, I called down to request a later checkout. The conversation went like this.
Manager - Front Desk
Me - Hi, I'd like to request a later checkout today, as my parents (who are elderly) required a bit more time to get ready
Manager - (Abruptly) Well, what time were you thinking? I am really short staffed and my housekeepers are already behind
Me - I was thinking just an extra hour to give them some ti-
Manager - (Interrupting me) Well, it HAS to be 12:00 because I already have 6 others leaving late, and I am short staffed
Me - Ok thank y---
The manager then hung up on me.

The answer I really expected was "No problem. We can do that." I, as a customer, DO NOT need to know your staffing problems or be treated rudely. If my elderly parents weren't SO SLOW, maybe I could have saved the manager such angst.
Won't stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wauseon, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2017

Hello Kevin S,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and for being our guest. I am happy to see that you have regarded our rooms to be nice and that you have given a 4-star rating for our location and rooms. On the other hand, I am sorry to hear about the service you received from the hotel staff at check out which caused your stay to be less than satisfactory. It is extremely unfortunate to know that staff handled the situation this way. I have taken the liberty of sharing your comments with the hotel's upper management team to be addressed internally. I hope you would consider staying with us again in the future.

Dianne L.