Holiday Inn Express Wauseon
$60
RodewayInn
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewshi expressfire alarmgas stationroom was cleanyogurtcommon areasmicrowave and refrigeratorconvenient locationnice breakfastcleaning staffthe breakfast areawould stay here againturnpikefairgroundsmotelsheetsrepair
Reviewed April 30, 2014

I called the motel directly to reserve a room and ask for top floor and said I need govt rate( I have a govt ID) was told no problem I arrived I did not have the top floor or was I charged the govt rate but I will say the girl at check in (around 3:00PM) was very accommodating and took care of my issues quickly and apologized for the mix up..the hotel looked great from the outside and inside..the room was also great ,well lit,comfy bed,great water pressure ,hot water and clean as could be..I went to check out around 100AM which the girl was busy checking in another guest which seemed to take quite awhile then as she was checking me out ran into issues and said computer kept locking up after about 10 min I ask her if she could just give me a copy of my registration card because I needed the price and couldnt wait any longer total checkout time was about 20 min. which I hadnt planned on ..I was in a rush because of being on a tight schedule which I admit I should plan on things like this happening but I stay in motels 4 days a week and usually checkout goes very fast..I dont know if she needed more training or computer was locked up either way I feel it should be looked at..all in all its a great place to stay I just feel reservation and check out issues should be looked at ..I would have liked to gave a better review but I must call it like I see it I will prob be back here in the future and hope I can review again with a higher rating..

Room Tip: top floor was nice and quiet..
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
mlmoon, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wauseon, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Dear Teamster175,

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback of your recent stay here, as it truly does help us identify areas with opportunities for improvement. Please accept my apologies for issues encountered with your reservation and during the check-out process. I'm pleased that the desk clerk at check-in was able to resolve the reservation discrepancy in an efficient manner, and that you were able to enjoy the accommodations. We look forward to seeing you again!

Miki Moon

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Been here many times before and always find this a clean, place in the IHG chain. Staff here is friendly and courteous and the breakfast buffet is well stocked and well looked after. Wish there were some restaurants nearby as the one across the road Is not that great at all

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
moonml, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wauseon, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Dear Mike B,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review! Will definitely share with the staff, and we would love to have you as our guest again!

Miki Moon

Reviewed January 2, 2014

After a long day of driving and follwing a search for gasoline for the car, this place was a welcome sight on a wintry night. The evening attendant was very friendly and helpful and promised to make sure that our stay counted for the rewards program. The temperature of the room was just right which was a welcome change. Breakfast the following morning was disappointing and barrely worth the effort. Not sure wherethey get their egg offerings but hard boiled or fresh scrambled would be a nice touch. Checkout was even more disappointing as the Checkout Clerk ignored me at the front desk as she was too busy to look up at the only customer in th lobby.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor are warmer and more quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wauseon, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Dear Noel J,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your review is vital for improving the service and quality we offer to our valued guest. I am pleased to know that our rooms were up to par with your expectations and found our staff friendly and helpful. On the other hand, I am sorry for the inconvenience our breakfast and check-out staff service may have caused you. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge or give points for improvement. We hope to get the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future. Thank you once again for your valuable comment, and if you might have any suggestions that will contribute to enhancing your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Our families gathered at the Holiday Inn Express Wauseon last Saturday night and the stay was very good. Service was great, they let use a meeting room for our after wedding gathering and it was perfect to be our of the way of other guests and still have a good time(we are a bit loud sometimes). The breakfast was good and the price was decent enough. The only complaint I have is the mattress was very uncomfortable and the pillows were bad. We will surely stay there again at the next family event.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Stayed here overnight with our high school volleyball team. The hotel was clean and comfortable. The rooms were spotless and the beds were quite comfortable. The morning breakfast buffet was excellent! The only minor complaint I had was that there was no way to pull the window blinds shut to block out the lights from the parking lot. This hotel is a little on the pricey side but it is probably because of its close proximity to the Ohio turnpike (less than a mile away).

Room Tip: Get a room that doesn't face the back parking lot
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends