“A gem in farmland”

Description: http://zinfulwine.info/Home.html
Toledo, Ohio
“A gem in farmland”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We have visited Zunfuls about 3 times in the one year we have lived up in this area. We went there for new yrs. eve 2011 food was good service was great, even the owner has visited our table each time we have been there. To me that is a great personal touch that they care. Sence then we have been twice. Each time was great. Even though we think it is not in a very good spot for people to know about it we keep spreading the word. The jazz bands that we have seen are wonderful, they do need to open the whol place up, where it flows from front all through to the back and but the bar area up front. Just so all of the sitting area is very calming like the front part. The back is rather cold and hard feeling as in decor. All in all if they just twice a little bit and get out into the surrounding communities what they have to offer I am positive they will be busier.

• Visited October 2012
3 Thank Therese M

Waterville, Ohio
“Great idea”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Would like to give this restaurant a better rating. Food choices look intriguing, but the execution is lacking. Our party of 8 were unimpressed with the food quality. The wine and live music made up for food disappointment. Zinfuls may be a little too pricey for the local area here. Maybe some early fare pricing or daily specials would attract more patrons. Joyce, please keep trying. We really need a high quality restaurant in Waterville area. Nice atmosphere,but cramped. Open up the far back room for more seating or put a large mirror where the unattractive window is in the bar area, Would make it seem larger. We thought tables instead of high top seating in the bar area could be more comfortable. The folks with the most money to spend around here aren't the youngins'. Thanks.

Visited November 2012
3 Thank Roo G
Malinta, Ohio
“Might be nice for a start to a bachelorette party”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Myself and a buddy stopped here on a Saturday afternoon on our way home from picking up last minute Christmas gifts for our wives. We had read about several craft beers on tap and decided to give it a go. It's not really a place for 40+ year old beer drinking guys, as it pretty much sells itself as a wine joint, but they did have about 16 good beers on tap.They have a decent, albeit expensive menu with items not normally found at a Waterville, OH bar. We didn't try any food, so I can't speak for the quality. When we got there in the early afternoon we were the only people in the place. We sat at the bar and the only light came from the storefront windows and the one TV that was on. The bartender was friendly and knowledgeable and helped me pick out a bottle of wine for my wife (which she loved). Like I said, this might be a good place for a girls' night out to start, but it lacks the testosterone to keep guys from coming back. That said, they do have a walk-in humidor but their cigars were a bit over priced from what I've seen elsewhere. I'll go back if my wife would like to check it out, but there are plenty of other places for guys to grab some beers and relax.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Matt67
Waterville, OH
“So surprised!”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Had an Entertainment coupon so thought we'd try it out and had low expectations based on the previous owners/restaurant on this same site. We were quite surprised by the interior and menu selections. I ordered rack of lamb and suspect they actually served me lamb chops though they told me they "cut the rack for your convenience". I don't think so but since they were so nicely done and tasty, I will forgive this. My friend had the scallops and while there were only 4 large scallops, again they were beautifully cooked and yummy. For the price and menu selection, the staff needs to be a bit more formal but we really enjoyed our meal and will gladly dine here again. There are some burger selections on the menu too if you'd like a less costly night out.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank robinla
Bowling Green, OH
“not worth the wait”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We called the week before to reserve a table for a group of 14 on a monday night. The staff behaved like they did not know we were coming. We waited an hour for our food. Those that ordered the "Jaeger Schnitzel" and the "green pepper soup" were happy with their food. The wedge salad was fresh but I had the "seafood flatbread" and was disapointed. The calamari was fried and the crab meat was non-existant. The frenchfries were cold, but the waiter brought out fresh ones at our request. The waiter tried to make us feel comfortable but someone had proped the back door open and cold December air filtered in making us chilled.

• Visited December 2012