“Excellent Hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Washington Court House
Reviewed July 18, 2013

This hotel was our home base for 3 days for our son's wedding. We can't say enough good things about the accommodations, personnel and service! From our slightly early arrival to our departure, everything was excellent. When we saw our room was near the elevator, we immediately requested a room change and it was granted. When we wanted to return to our room to rest and shower, our request for housekeeping was granted. The breakfast area was constantly being cleaned as tables emptied and food items were replenished long before they ran out. We even asked to use the breakfast room to feed our relatives lunch on the day of the wedding and the request was granted. (I'm sure it helped that other relatives, with time to spare, made friends with many staff members. We also always cleaned up after ourselves in the breakfast area and put tables back where they belonged.) Every staff member was pleasant and friendly, something we don't find everywhere. The hotel is only 2 1/2 years old. It helps that everything still looks new. The staff recommended Dakota Steakhouse nearby and the family gave it rave reviews. Other family members also used the workout room and pool. If you are in Washington CH, you can't go wrong staying here!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Stayed here as a stopover on our way home from a family trip. Nicely appointed, good pool for the kiddos, and overall clean and modern rooms. Breakfast was very good, included pancakes, biscuits and gravy, sausage and eggs, pretty good for a hotel buffet. Staff was friendly, gave us some coupons for the nearby steakhouse. All in all, good experience. Only thing that would have made it better would have been a small fridge in the room, but we were traveling with small children. Did have sort of loud neighbors in the room next to us, though I didn't involve hotel staff, so nothing against them.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
HIEWCHAGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington Court House, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

I would like to thank you for writing such a positive review about your recent stay with us here in Washington Court House. We greatly appreciate such kind words about our hotel and staff. We do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with having loud neighbors. If anytime in the future this happens to you, please contact the front desk so that we may take appropriate action. We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Best choice for stay in Washington Court House, Ohio. Although an average Holiday in Express, it was better than other choices in the area. Close to eateries and stores. The one complaint i have is the hardness of the bed in my room. Everything else was average for this chain of hotels.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
HIEWCHAGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington Court House, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your most recent stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express- Washington Court House. We are glad that you chose to stay with us and we look forward to the next time that we are able to serve you.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Great rooms, clean, well kept, EXCELLENT Staff. Friendly, funny and caring. Good breakfast in the morning. I used the workout room last time there and everything was in working order. It is a very quiet yet convenient location. Dakota's Steakhouse is a couple hundred feet away.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JTinMidMichigan

Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel and staff. We appreciate hearing such great compliments from our guests. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to the next time that we are able to serve you!

Reviewed March 21, 2013

I requested a quiet room, far from smokers. I was placed below three water buffalo doing handsprings and next to an army of road crew guys who were checking in late (after 10PM). They were yelling in the hallway and had their TVs on loud.

I called and was told they would let the noise-makers know. We all know what that does - fuels the fire. So, I asked for another room. The room choices I had were either queen bed near smoking, queen bed under smoking or stay where I was (in the king room I reserved and paid for).

When I physically went to the front desk and spoke with the manager on duty, she miraculously found me another room with a king bed, in a quiet area.

The walls are thin on this remodel/new build, whatever it is.

The pool was out of order.

The garbage can (only one visible) in the breakfast area was over flowing.

Not ready for primetime - would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Here's a tip: stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Bruce_411
HIEWCHAGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington Court House, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Firstly, I would like to apologize to you personally about the inconveniences that you endured during your stay with us. We never like to hear that our guests had a bad experience, because our guests are so very important to us. We take our guests satisfaction very seriously and we would like the opportunity to make this right with you.

If you would like to discuss this matter further, please feel free to contact either myself or the General Manager. My name is Lorin Coldiron and I am the Assistant General Manager, the General Manager’s name is Jeff Lister. The telephone number here is (740) 335-9310. Again, we deeply apologize for the inconveniences.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

The rooms were very clean and the service was excellent. I typically have not been a HI fan, but this one was very nice and well kept. Staff was friendly and the htel was located outside of the main twon with farm fields surrounding.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
HIEWCHAGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington Court House, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express-Washington Court House. We truly appreciate hearing such kind words about our hotel and staff. It makes every single one of us feel good to hear about our guest’s satisfaction. We are also very glad that we could win your trust as a brand. I will make sure that your kind words get passed along to the rest of the staff! We look forward to the next time that we are able to serve you!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I am a loyal individual with Holiday Inns, upon arrival the gentleman before us was recognized as a holiday inn priority member and offered an evening snack of chips, water and cookie. Now our turn, we booked 2 rooms, we are also priority members and first we were not recognized as such, I did enquire if she had our priority membership on our reservation and she said yes. It was printed on the form. I asked about the welcome snack and she looked at me like she had no idea what I was talking about, then said they did not do that! Ok dont lie to me, but no big deal. The hotel was average, nothing great, nothing bad. rooms were clean. We arrived 2 days after daylight saving time and when we went to our rooms the clocks were not correct. Not to be confused we called the front desk girl (7:30 pm) to confirm if they were eastern or central time zone and she said "I dont know" We asked her what time it was and she said you have clocks in your room, but it is 8:30. Ok then the clocks have not been moved ahead for the time difference. She said no we let the guests do that! Now if we did not notice this problem we would have been an hour late the next morning for our meeting. Very unprofessional!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank eeyore65

Firstly, I would like to thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. Guest satisfaction is very important to us. I would like to apologize for the problems that you experienced during your stay with us. I am very sorry that your experience was less than satisfactory. I am also very sorry that you did not receive a Priority Club check in and that you did not receive the level of service expected from the brand that we represent. I would also like to assure you that we have taken appropriate action to ensure that the problems you encountered do not happen again. We also want to apologize for the alarm clock being set wrong in your room. We try very hard to ensure that our rooms are 100% guest ready for our guests and we are very sorry that we felt short of the mark on this instance.

If there is anything that I can do to make this right with you or if you would like to speak about this more privately, please feel free to contact me personally. I will do all that I can to make this right for you. My name is Lorin Coldiron and I am the Assistant General Manager and the telephone number is (740) 335-9310.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Washington Court House
hampton inn
#2 of 5 in Jeffersonville
Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington
Country Hearth Inn & Suites Washington Court House
Country Hearth Inn & Suites Wash...
#3 of 3 in Washington Court House

Been to Holiday Inn Express Washington Court House? Share your experiences!