“Excellent choice”

Cleveland Marriott East
Reviewed July 11, 2007

My son's soccer team was partcipating in a tournament, which precipitated our team manager to arrange for our hotel stay. We could not have been more pleased with the choice. My husband and I had a room with a king, plus an adjoining room with two double beds. As the hotel is only a year or so old, everything was in very nice condition. The beds were a little firm for me, however, I heard most people raving about them. I always take my king-sized feather pillow when possible, but because the hotel stated that they had feather pillows, I left it at home. I do wish that I would have brought it, as their pillows were quite tiny. The bathroom contained some nice Bath and Body products. There were no refrigerators yet installed in our room (there was an area for them), but because we had a cooler, it wasn't a big problem.

The pool area (indoor only) and the exercise room were both very nice. I used the exercise room several times and it was well-equiped and in good working order. They also had a gatorade dispenser (as well as water) and a selection of teas.

Every morning we had a continental breakfast included (I believe that this was only thru special arrangements). It was great and very well done. The restaurant breakfast menu also looked good.
The kids had room service twice and both orders were correct and delivered promptly.

The staff was VERY nice and accommodating.

There is a Chipolte Grill located in the parking lot as well as another good, sit-down Mexican restaurant.

We would definitely stay here again!

Stephanie Kin
York, PA

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
5  Thank mamakinrocks
There are newer reviews for Cleveland Marriott East

Reviewed March 31, 2007

Stayed at Marriott Cleveland East for business .The room was clean and quit, heating worked great, bathroom was good. The hotel is fairly new and in good shape,nice pool, and workout room. The food at the restaruant was good only ate breakfeast there.The hotel was convenient to beachwood and downtown. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank cjkn
Reviewed December 2, 2006

My husband and I stayed here for one weekend night and really liked the hotel. Weekend rates are reasonable (we paid $119/night) but my husband said they're pretty high during the week so he won't stay there for business. There was a plate of chocolate chip cookies at check-in. Everything is still nice and new. The bed was super comfortable, with a firm mattress, 1/2" thick featherbed, and crisp, white linens. Furniture and decorating were art deco style. The bathroom is not very large, but the curved shower curtain rod is a nice touch. There still aren't refrigerators in the room, but the enclosure is there. The pool is small. When I woke up, I was thinking how lucky I was not to have been on the freeway side of the building with all the traffic noise. I openned the curtains to find that we WERE on the freeway side, but I couldn't hear any traffic. Amazing!!

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple
4  Thank tamaralea
Reviewed November 3, 2006

We've stayed for years at the old Marriott (now a Hilton) on Chagrin in Beachwood when visiting family in this area, so we were thrilled to hear about this new hotel. The old one was REALLY getting run down.
This is one offramp away on Harvard and Richmond - right on the border of Beachwood and Warrensville. This is a small, unpretentious hotel about 20 minutes from the Cleveland airport. The rooms are clean and spacious and the service is fantastic. All our requests -- early check in, extra towels, a newspaper, extra coffee packets, late maid service -- were all accomodated quickly and cheerfully. There is an indoor swimming pool; the workout room is mostly cardio - treadmills and bicycles -- but there are two of those multi exercise weight machines. The restaurant has friendly service and there is a small business center with internet access in the lobby.
Like the old Marriott, it's on the freeway, but the noise is muffled pretty well -- only the pounding rain of October in Cleveland woke us up.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
5  Thank StrandFan
Reviewed September 10, 2006

Stayed here for two nights while working at a customer site. This hotel is brand new, and very clean. The rooms are nice and bedding is the soft Marriott style.

I was in a room next to the highway, but no highway noise disturbed me. I am a light sleeper, and asked for a room away from the highway, but they said I wouldn't need it (and I didn't.) The room is solid and seems to be insulated for noise, like a good airport hotel is.

The restaurant is very good. The dinners were good, and I only had the breakfast buffet, which is a typical one for Marriott (includes salmon, etc.)

Service was also very good. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank BaltimoreFlyer
Reviewed September 5, 2006

When visiting our family in Beachwood, Ohio, we always stay at this hotel. It is really a great property and the staff always goes out of their way to accommodate you. The rooms are nicely appointed and very clean with ample closet space and drawers.
The "new" bedding is wonderful, as it is in all the Marriott's we stay at. This is a relatively new property so everything looks fresh and nice. A very large lobby, workout room, a small but nice business center. They have coffee off the elevator area every morning and ice water with lemon all day long. Nice touches. The parking is ample and is in a very safe neighborhood and they are now building next to the property a small shopping area (Bed Bath & Beyond, DSW Shoes and some other shops) This property is minutes from Beachwood, which is a great suburb, with excellent shopping (Beachwood Mall) and great restaurants. Whether this is for business or
leisure, this is a great property. Have not eaten in their restaurant, but I understand it is very nice.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CSHL43
Reviewed June 24, 2006

I recently stayed at this hotel for two nights on business and found the hotel to be very accommodating. As I arrived, I found ample parking which was nice. The hotel is right off the highway and very easy to get to. After I checked in, I was escorted to the elevators by the agent at the front desk. After arriving at the room, I found that everything was in good order and very nice. The beds were extremely comfortable and there was a flat screen tv. The bathrooms weren't anything special; however, they had great amenities. One thing I discovered was that there was a spot for a refrigerator; however, there wasn't one in my room. This was kind of disappointing since they are standard anymore in most budget hotels. Otherwise, the rooms were great.

I ate at the River City Grille and the service from my waiter was mediocre at best. However, the other staff noticed that my waiter didn't provide me with certain things and they compensated for it by bringing me some complementary appetizers. The food was good but I would give the service an average rating at best.

Overall, I would definitely stay here again while in Cleveland due to the fact that the hotel is in a new area and is easily accessible to the highway.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled on business
Embassy Suites by Hilton Cleveland - Beachwood
DoubleTree Cleveland East/Beachwood
Homewood Suites Cleveland-Beachwood
Courtyard Cleveland Beachwood

Been to Cleveland Marriott East? Share your experiences!