“Great new hotel”

Cleveland Marriott East
Baltimore, MD
“Great new hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2006

Stayed here for two nights while working at a customer site. This hotel is brand new, and very clean. The rooms are nice and bedding is the soft Marriott style.

I was in a room next to the highway, but no highway noise disturbed me. I am a light sleeper, and asked for a room away from the highway, but they said I wouldn't need it (and I didn't.) The room is solid and seems to be insulated for noise, like a good airport hotel is.

The restaurant is very good. The dinners were good, and I only had the breakfast buffet, which is a typical one for Marriott (includes salmon, etc.)

Service was also very good. I will definitely stay here again.

• Liked — New and clean Marriott
  • Disliked — It is somewhat out of the way
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank BaltimoreFlyer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Thai first
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2006

When visiting our family in Beachwood, Ohio, we always stay at this hotel. It is really a great property and the staff always goes out of their way to accommodate you. The rooms are nicely appointed and very clean with ample closet space and drawers.
The "new" bedding is wonderful, as it is in all the Marriott's we stay at. This is a relatively new property so everything looks fresh and nice. A very large lobby, workout room, a small but nice business center. They have coffee off the elevator area every morning and ice water with lemon all day long. Nice touches. The parking is ample and is in a very safe neighborhood and they are now building next to the property a small shopping area (Bed Bath & Beyond, DSW Shoes and some other shops) This property is minutes from Beachwood, which is a great suburb, with excellent shopping (Beachwood Mall) and great restaurants. Whether this is for business or
leisure, this is a great property. Have not eaten in their restaurant, but I understand it is very nice.

• Liked — Room was very updated and clean
  • Disliked — Have nothing negative to say
  • Tips/Secrets — There are other hotels in this area, stay at this one.
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank CSHL43
Denver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2006

I recently stayed at this hotel for two nights on business and found the hotel to be very accommodating. As I arrived, I found ample parking which was nice. The hotel is right off the highway and very easy to get to. After I checked in, I was escorted to the elevators by the agent at the front desk. After arriving at the room, I found that everything was in good order and very nice. The beds were extremely comfortable and there was a flat screen tv. The bathrooms weren't anything special; however, they had great amenities. One thing I discovered was that there was a spot for a refrigerator; however, there wasn't one in my room. This was kind of disappointing since they are standard anymore in most budget hotels. Otherwise, the rooms were great.

I ate at the River City Grille and the service from my waiter was mediocre at best. However, the other staff noticed that my waiter didn't provide me with certain things and they compensated for it by bringing me some complementary appetizers. The food was good but I would give the service an average rating at best.

Overall, I would definitely stay here again while in Cleveland due to the fact that the hotel is in a new area and is easily accessible to the highway.

• Stayed June 2006, traveled on business
2 Thank BillDen
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2006

Recently, while traveling on business, I stayed at the Marriott Cleveland East. This hotel is the newest full service hotel in greater Cleveland area. When I walked into the hotel lobby, I was greeted by a bellman who escorted me directly to the front desk. While at the desk, I was acknowledged with a smile by the front desk agent and was escorted to the elevator by the agent.

Only about 15 minutes after checking into my luxurious guest room, I was contacted by the front desk manager to insure that I was enjoying my stay.

The room featured the new Marriott bed; a pure white pillow-top mattress. The granite bathroom even featured Bath and Body Works products.

After using the 24-hour executive fitness center, the hotel offered a complimentary choice of fresh lemongrass or fresh fruit flavored water (nice touch) in the lobby.

The River City Grille offered an evening special that was wonderful. It was a New York Strip Steak topped with rock shrimp a béarnaise sauce, and accompanies by steamed asparagus wrapped with red pepper.

Next time I'm in Cleveland, I will definitely stay at the Marriott Cleveland East again!

Stayed April 2006
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2006

I've stayed at the new Marriott on 3 different occasions, for business travel. The staff is very helpful and nice. The desk staff recognizes their repeat customers and know me by name, which is quite surprising given the size of the hotel. The rooms are average size, but clean and tasteful. The bathrooms are somewhat small. The restaurant and bar provided excellent service and food. I travel to East Cleveland quite a bit and have stayed at a few of the hotels on Chagrin Blvd. The Marriott is way nicer and cleaner than the Hilton! I recommend this hotel as a high end business travel hotel. You'll get excellent service and a good night's rest!

• Stayed March 2006, traveled on business
4 Thank lam2002
East Coast
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2005

Given that this is a brand new hotel that was quite a bit more expensive that neighboring hotels (such as the Beachwood Hilton), I was expecting quite a bit from the hotel. The hotel was adequate, but the hotel was disappointing in some ways. I stay in a lot of Marriott and Westin hotels, so my review is based on what I normally encounter at those hotels.

Rooms: The rooms were OK, but slightly disappointing. I will say that I felt safe in the room and the room was certainly adequate. The rooms had the new Marriott bedding which is somewhat comfortable, but the bedding (linens) were low quality (not comparable to what is found in a Westin "Heavenly Bed"). There was a nice flat screen TV in the room. I was disappointed that the bathroom was tiny and seemed like something out of a Days Inn. There was also no safe in the room which is disappointing since the hotel was just built.

Service: The room was cleaned well, so I would say that I was very pleased with housekeeping. One night we requested turndown service which was completed as promised. I was disappointed with the front desk service. On more than one occasion a service request was ignored.

Gym/Pool: The gym had three treadmills, weight equipment and a few other pieces of equipment (such as a stair climber). There was a small indoor pool. Both the gym and the pool had plenty of towels and were very clean.

Business Facilities: There is a business center that provides a computer with complementary high-speed internet service and printing services.

Parking: There is plenty of free parking.

Restaurants: I did not eat at the hotel, so I cannot comment.

Overall: This is a new and clean 2 1/2 to 3 star hotel. The most important thing in a hotel is that it is clean and safe - both of which are true at this hotel. But, the price that the hotel is charging is quite a bit above what the hotel is worth, especially given the large number of clean and safe hotels within a mile or two of the hotel.

• Stayed November 2005
Courtyard Cleveland Beachwood
Embassy Suites by Hilton Cleveland - Beachwood
Homewood Suites Cleveland-Beachwood
Hotel Indigo Cleveland-Beachwood

Been to Cleveland Marriott East? Share your experiences!