I stayed 4 nights; check-in and out was good; I ate dinner with a colleague in the bar on two nights and in the restaurant one night. On the first night I ordered a hot starter of 4 shrimp followed by salmon; my main course arrived approx. two minutes after the starter arrived. I sent the main course away; the salmon returned warm 20 minutes later – the broccoli was overcooked a small portion of 4-cheese potato. Second night I order a Caesar salad and a steak; approx. two minutes after my Caesar arrived, my steak arrived. Having learned that my main course will deteriorate I accepted the steak – the waitress goes to take away my Caesar salad (75% remaining) that I was eating when she arrived at the table; as I was hungry I ate the Caesar salad after my main course. At dinner in the restaurant the problem was the reverse, (just 3 shrimp this time) this time we waited more than an hour after the starter course was cleared before the main course arrived; in a nearly empty restaurant. The waitress was apologetic and offered us wine etc. to placate us but what we wanted was food.
The bed; as I’m about to get into bed on the first night I pull back the cover and it looks like someone has slept in the bed already; I call down to reception, they offer to change rooms but that wasn’t convenient, not least because I was in my pyjamas and no bath robe had been provided. Ten minutes later a member of staff arrives with a freshly ironed sheet and we remove the existing sheet. I’m still shocked by what I saw and the Marriott is exceptionally fortunate that your member of staff was brilliantly quick thinking. The under sheeting (multi layer) was very heavily stained in several places with urine – DISGUSTING. I’d taken photos of the sheet but the member of staff was so fast removing the under-sheeting that I was too slow to take a photo. The mattress underneath was clean. We remade the bed and the staff member commented as he left the room that the under sheeting he took away would be destroyed. Top marks to the member of staff; no marks to housekeeping; I’m still shocked by what I saw.
Various observations; I was pleased with the size of the bath, big by USA standards, though small by European expectations; no close up mirror in the bathroom; good furniture generally; delighted to see fresh fruit at breakfast though the loose muesli (healthy cereal) appeared very high in sugar content – rather defeating the object of offering a healthy cereal.
I was woken and kept awake much of the night by reversing snowploughs - clearly the insulation / double-glazing is poor and insufficient. Room 301 - areas of the carpet hadn't been cleaned for weeks or months – not so much dirty but dusty. Management clearly have an interest in what is happening within the hotel and the problems other than the insulation / double-glazing are easy and quick to fix – my rating of the hotel as it was when I stayed 2 out of 10.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cleveland Marriott East is ideally located in the Chagrin Highlands corporate community, offering a perfect location for Midwest regional meetings and corporate events. Our Beachwood, Ohio accommodations provide business and leisure travelers with proximity to the University Hospital, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and fabulous Beachwood area shopping. Come stay with us at Cleveland Marriott East, one of the top hotels in Beachwood, Ohio. We have an on-site restaurant, a fitness center, an indoor lap pool, and plenty of space for you to host business meetings or conferences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cleveland Marriott East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Cleveland East Hotel Warrensville Heights
- Marriott Warrensville Heights
- Marriott Hotel Cleveland East
- Warrensville Heights Marriott
- Cleveland Marriott East Ohio/Warrensville Heights