“Well kept comfortable hotel with very friendly staff”

Cleveland Marriott East
Reviewed June 21, 2012

This reasonably new and well-maintained Marriott is a good choice for business. The staff are unfailingly pleasant. I had a nice-sized room with a King bed and a large desk. The restaurant and bar is pretty typical for American hotels, but the choice of dishes was good and the wait staff were prompt and friendly. The bathroom was well equipped and there was great water pressure in the shower. I love that the gym is open 24 hours (although the schedule was so rushed I didn't get much opportunity). My only real gripe is that they charge $9.95 for 24-hour Internet access and that for only one device. I've never understood why hotels like this can't just include Internet access the way their more budget minded hotels (such as Courtyard by Marriott) do. The hotel is located adjacent to a typical American style strip mall with chain stores and restaurants such as Applebees. I didn't walk to them although it looked as though they were close enough. Not a particularly attractive setting but then I wasn't there for the views.

Room Tip: I was in a standard room and it was very comfortable. I don't think I'd bother upgrading to...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed May 18, 2012

I stayed one weekend night as a "Mother's Day getaway". My room was very clean, quiet, and comfortable. The property was well-kept. This hotel allowed me to have a very relaxing experience. The front desk staff was professional, and the cleaning staff was exceptionally pleasant. My only complaint was that I felt that the hotel charges for some amenities that many hotels include in their normal rates. For example, they charge $9.95 per day for wireless internet service. They don’t have a free breakfast, and the restaurant was a little pricey -- but there are several restaurants to choose from outside of the hotel. There was no refrigerator in the room although there was an empty refrigerator-sized cabinet where it seemed it should have been. Charging for these amenities is probably due to the hotel being more tailored for the business customer than a personal getaway.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank dancingswallow
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Familiar folks and fabulous service was always the hallmark of this facility... Although my company had changed our area Marriott destination for the last year, last week I was able to return to this property after a long hiatus .... what a wonderful visit. Starting with Jennifer at the front desk, helpful skillfull and knowledgeable about area conveniences... To the stand out favorite...MIKE SMITH, he is not just a bartender, he is this hotel best asset. Consistent, an expert in all things drink and food... Looks out for EVERYONE! Anticipates your needs.... Glad to see he is still there to enhance the experience.

Room Tip: Good location .. Shopping and restaurants to walk and explore
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Our family stayed at this hotel while out of town for a sports tournament. The rooms were clean and updated. We stayed on the concierge floor and was a little disappointed that the concierge lounge was closed on the weekend. To compensate for the closure, we received vouchers for their breakfast buffet. It was a good buffet. The hotel is convenient and has several restaurants and stores nearby. I would recommend staying at this location.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 11, 2012

I stayed, make it "lived" at this Marriott for about 10 weeks between January and April of 2012 while working with a nearby client. What can I say? This is Marriott at its best. The rooms are perfect, the noise isolation is exactly what it need be, the convenience of multiple parking exits is fantastic. I've not once had an unclean room or something that wasn't just right at this property. I'd also like to thank all the staff from front desk (Tiffany and Casamanda), the restaurant (Mike and Maurissa), Concierge Lounge (Mark and Gwen) and the rest of the crew for making my life so much easier while living away from home. The only thing that could be better is the gym, I think it needs more equipment, but otherwise this hotel is prime for business travelers. Great work guys!

Room Tip: If you have Rewards status ask for the 8th floor. It makes stopping by for breakfast of a quick snac...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I stayed in this hotel back in 2006, very shortly after it opened, and was very impressed so when I needed to be in Cleveland last weekend, it was my first choice. The stay was fine, the staff very nice, but it was just average this time.

The room looks like it did back in '06, down to the 32in tvs. There have been no improvements (that I can tell). It was a very clean, nice, quiet room, which we appreciated given the number of teens we saw in the hotel. The orange flavored water in the lobby area is a nice touch, but it was mostly gone when we checked-in at 9pm. The coffee and creamer were down to the dregs the next morning when we left at 9am. They were hosting some sort of adolescent group there at the hotel and the elevators and sitting areas around the elevators were overrun with the kids and their parents using the areas as their personal lounges.

The best thing about the stay was the location. There are several retail stores (DSW, Filene's basement) and restaurants (Chick-fil-A, Chipotle, Abuelos) in the same complex or within a short 2-min drive (Bahama Breeze, Red Robin).

Overall, I have no complaints about the hotel itself, but it was just average.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 23, 2012

Very nice for business. Service was excellent - all staff members were helpful and friendly. Express checkout was easy (though they should have it on the TV already instead of a phone call).

Really my only complaints were short shower heads and a very expensive restaurant for breakfast or late night drinks. There are a few restaurants in the area though I didn't have time to venture out.

If you're coming here on 271 North, make sure you take the local lanes.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
DoubleTree Cleveland East/Beachwood
Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Beachwood
Homewood Suites Cleveland-Beachwood
Courtyard Cleveland Beachwood

Been to Cleveland Marriott East? Share your experiences!