“Better off at fast food nearby”
Review of Cafe 422

Cafe 422
Ranked #10 of 124 Restaurants in Warren
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Better off at fast food nearby”
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Service was terrible, orders completely wrong, food wait time ridiculous. Owner happy counting his money right in front of you , doesn't care that everything is messed up around him. Go elsewhere

Lewis Center, Ohio
“Poor service from start to finish at 422 Boardman, Ohio”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We had 5pm reservations for 4 on a Friday evening (Dec 14,12). They seated us so far back in a cold and dark corner. Service was slow and our waitress didn't seem to let anything bother her. The bread was served cold, we asked for warm bread and she completely ignored our request. Our meals consisted of a petite filet (no seasoning whatsoever), broiled fish (fishy smelling) 2 pasta dishes with very tasteless sauce and tough veal. The only good dish- hot peppers in oil (appetizer). They won't be getting our business again. Why go there..when you can get great Italian food at Roberto's!

ohio
“Very Disappointing”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We had reservations for 7P New Years Eve & arrived shortly before. The entrance was packed with no waiting areas & they were 1 hr. behind in seating people. We finally were seated @ 8P. The waiter arrived shortly after informing us all homemade bread was gone & he'd bring pita bread. I heard him tell another couple all they had was Schwebel's & he was sure they didn't want that. When our food arrived & I cut into my salmon it was raw & jelly-like. He returned it to be cooked further & I ate my side of pasta. My husband finished his entire meal before my salmon was brought. I asked for a to-go box & said I was very disappointed. I felt there was no sense in saying anything more as the owner was still running around trying to seat people & the entrance was still packed. We had eaten here many times under the previous owner & had always loved the food & enjoyed the atmosphere. What a disaster!! Sue

1 Thank sumrblonde
Chicago
“Nice decor, disappointing meal.”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We were a party of 6. Four of us arrived at the time of the reservation and were seated using the reservation name. The other two came 5 minutes later but were told their party had not yet arrived. TWENTY MINUTES LATER I phone my friends to ask about their delay only to discover that the maitre de had goofed. NO attempt on their part to compensate for their mistake.

The dishes were bare bones. Cod was OK, Salmon B- and overdone. The chicken piccata and walnut encrusted chicken looked and tasted better. Sides were disappointing, including the penne marinara which I sent back as undercooked...still no attempt to make it right.

Several people came to the table to ask if everything was OK but when the were told 'no' they made no attempt to fix it. In a small market like Warren, this place may be considered upscale. In a major food market, they would be out of business in a month.

1 Thank dmyford
Vienna, Ohio
“ALWAYS GOOD FOOD”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

this place has great food. a little expensive for my taste but never the less it's a beautiful place.

Visited February 2012