“First visit in years”

Dining options: Reservations
North Carolina
“First visit in years”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Over the Christmas holiday we decided on a family meal out and chose Leo's as our restaurant. It was a pretty nice experience. The place was lively and the food was very good to excellent. I had the Veal parm-light on the cheese and was very happy with it. My wife ordered the chicken Marsala and was pleased. The highlight was the arancini ordered by my daughter...excellent. Like many other restaurants in the Mahoning Valley, they do Italian-American quite well. There was plenty to eat. In-fact, they could even cut back on the portions and one would feel well-fed. My daughter, however, ordered a hazelnut cappuccino, but sent it back...it was way too sweet and really lacked a foam header. Looking forward to eating there again when we visit the valley in the future. It's been years since I had their pizza, so I'd like to try some the next time I'm there. They always made a decent "white" pizza.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Laz1544

Columbus, Ohio
“Horrible customer service”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

We were in town for an annual family event. We made Saturday night reservations for 16 guests on Tuesday. The requested time was setup. When we arrived on Saturday they were packed. The hostesses were SO RUDE and acted like our reservation inconvenienced them. They said there would be a wait even though we were early for our reservation. Then they asked if we would sit outside which it was starting to be really cold outside (so cold that we had a bonfire later that night!!) then after 50 minutes of waiting, crowded around the bar and with NO apology, they sat us UPSTAIRS all by ourselves. We felt like outcasts. I sense they treated us this way because we aren't regulars/locals. The food is decent but they do well only because there's not many restaurants to choose from in such a small town anyways. Horrible customer service wouldn't work in the bigger cities!!

• Visited August 2013
Warren, Ohio
“Just about perfect!”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

We kept delaying another visit to Leo's until this week and then wondered why we waited so long. They have it all together here: service, food, atmosphere. Amber was our server again and she's an expert at her job.

The gals had the ravioli, one with lobster the other with butternut squash, both delicious. I ordered the fresh Florida Grouper with wasabi potatoes and slaw which was absolutely fantastic. My friend had the spaghetti and meatballs. The salads were loaded with fresh greens, diced cucumber, cherry tomatoes and shredded carrot. The bread basket had a nice variety of rolls and bread sticks.

• Visited November 2013
Hermitage, Pennsylvania
“An excellent dining experience”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

If you are seeking an Italian restaurant that serves pasta with a sweet tomato sauce, this is the place. Located off route 82, it is easy to find. The menu is varied and average in price to most Italian restaurants in the area. They also have a wide selection of wines.
Tuesday is pasta night, and with a pre-selected entree, you get ice cream as a desert. They serve their pasta in a deep oval dish that keeps it hot; the meat sauce is full of ground beef chunks and the meatballs are a decent size. They also offer peppered olive oil as a bread dip if you do not wish butter. Most of the entrees come with bread/rolls and soup or salad.
The atmosphere is good, although the main dining room has an acoustic issue; sounds/voices from the diners bounces off the ceiling and creates a rather noisy setting. We went on a Tuesday evening around 5 pm, and the main dining room was pretty full by 5:45.
Dress is "smart casual" but we saw people entering in jeans, t-shirts, and rather ratty attire.

• Visited October 2013
Burghill, Ohio, United States
“Food was not good . Dissapointed!!!”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Went to Leo's on a recent Saturday night to treat my Aunt Jill who had come home from Florida to visit. She had never been to Leo's and I assured her it would be a great meal. We arrived at 515pm and were seated ( we had made reservations). 2 of us ordered the mannocotti dinner and 2 ordered the chicken parm . It took at least 30 -45 mins or more to receive our meals ( didn't mind waiting so much)... but... the 2 mannocotti meals looked light brown on the ends / hard like almost "toasted " , not smooth and the middle when cut was luke warm AT BEST and bland, There was hardly any sauce and the meatballs were bland. I never not finish my meal but had only eaten half. those that got the chicken parm said it was sorta bland, dry and hardly any sauce or melted cheese on the chicken or pasta. The bread rolls were ok/ nothing to brag about. I did not want to take the food back d/t took too long the first time and not wanting anything done to the food, and really did not want to make a scene. My Aunt from Florida probably ate 5 bites of her mannicotti . She did not complain however I felt bad about bringing her as she was looking forward to a good Italian meal. This was NOT . I used to love Leo's food and would often brag how good it was, but I don't know what happened to quality , fresh food, ??? Seemed as though our meals were just " heated up" and served. SOOOO DISSAPPOINTED.!!! Don't think I'll be back anytime soon........ on a positive note the drinks were good .

• Visited September 2013