“Pleasantly Surprised”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Warren
Branch, Michigan
“Pleasantly Surprised”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

i stopped in at the BW Park Hotel with my family a couple of weeks back. As i drove into the area i was a bit apprehensive because i wasn't sure it was the best neighborhood and wasn't sure what to expect. Yet when we went inside we found the hotel had recently been renovated, was very clean, and the hospitality was great, from the front desk to a woman, whose name i think was Julie, who worked the great breakfast. Friendliness and helpfulness along with good sized and clean rooms made this a great place to stay. i highly recommend it. My wife is extremely picky when it comes to hotel cleanliness and she was very impressed.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Michelle S, Manager at Best Western Park Hotel, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear Keith,
Thank you for completing the survey of your recent stay here at Best Western Park Hotel. I too am very picky when it comes to the cleanliness of hotels rooms. I recently went on vacation and my expectations are very high. I can honestly say I know for sure 100%, that this hotel is the cleanest I have ever seen! I am very proud of our housekeepers and staff. Also rest assure that we are inspected on a daily, and monthly basis by management, head house keeping, air force base inspectors and head quarters. We have never had any points taken off for any thing other than a misplaced advertisement sign. With that said I am grateful for guest's like you and your wife who appreciate the hard work that it takes to keep it as clean as we do. Thank you for staying and hope to see you again soon.
Sincerely, Michelle- Asst. GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

We arrived late on Friday. All seemed well. Easy check-in and room was what we expected. We arose early (5am) for a family gathering. At this time we found a bedbug in our bed. Didn't think much of it since it was only one, but had explained it to the front desk and asked for them to make sure all linens, skirts, etc.. we're removed/replaced and a thorough vacuuming done. The gentleman then wrote it in the notebook on the desk. We returned shortly after midnight and went to our room. At that time, we noticed that there was still blue lint balls on our daughters bed from her blanket. This told us that the linens were not changed, so we lifted our mattress and examined around the skirting and found 3 more bedbugs together on the skirting. I went down to the front desk and showed the guy the photo of the bugs and asked to change rooms. This was the same gentleman that was there early that morning that we reported the issue too. He was very nice and apologetic, but the hotel was booked and did not have any rooms available to switch us to. We had already removed the bugs into a cup and sealed it. We removed the skirting and thoroughly searched both beds so that we could attempt to get some sleep before we checked out the next morning. He stated that the manager should be in around 9:00 in the morning. The next morning, I brought the cup with the bedbugs to the front desk and asked for the manager shortly around 9:00, but was informed that she was running late. We checked out around 10:30 and the manager was still not there, but the front desk lady called her and said that she would be in within the hour and would review the issue and contact me regarding any refunds( I was adamant that I did not think I should pay for a room with bedbugs). I left my business card that has my cell phone number and did not receive a call on the checkout day nor today. I do not feel like they are taking bedbugs as a serious issue, but these were fairly small so that tells me that there most likely more including the fully grown bedbugs. It does not take long for them to multiply and soon this hotel will have a full fledged outbreak of bedbugs. Stay at your own risk!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Mike F
Jayshree P, General Manager at Best Western Park Hotel, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear, Mike
Thank you for your recent review. I understand you had some issues about bug in room and we apologize for this , because of your concern we had call pest control to inspect the room you were in and they could not find anything . I believe owner of the hotel personally called you and explained to you not finding any evidence of bug and given you 5000 BW reword point for your inconvince .

Sincerely ,
Laytonsville, Maryland
Reviewed July 28, 2014

We booked a room at the Best Western in Warren Ohio sight unseen, which was a mistake. The motel is in an area where we did not feel safe. There were no places to eat anywhere near it, and we would not have risked walking there. We were so unsettled by the location that we gave up our one night deposit of about $100 and kept on driving.

Room Tip: keep on driving
Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank BJ2222
Dear, Guest
Thank you for your recent review. We understand that you had some issues that inconvenienced you and I truly apologize for this . I can assure you our place is very safe and your concern regarding restaurant there is one around the corner from the hotel and two within blocks away. These and other area restaurant listed in room guest directory with phone number and direction .I hope that you give us another chance of staying with us.

Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

Cheaper, cleaner, more attractive and in a better location than the "place beside the mall". Newly refurbished and tastefully decorated, the rooms, bedding and lobby areas were great. The desk workers were friendly and helpful, and we loved walking around the historic district and through the park area by the courthouse. Be sure to eat at the Saratoga around the corner!

Stayed July 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for completing the survey of your recent stay here at the Best Western Park Hotel in downtown Warren, Ohio, where you stay with people who care. We really value your opinion and we are happy to hear you had a nice stay. I do agree with you about the Saratoga restaurant right around the corner from the hotel on the same block. They have the home cooking you need when you are staying away from home. I think everyone would appreciate that. Once again, thank you for staying and we appreciate your loyalty to our brand.
Michelle-Asst. GM
Swanton, Ohio
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Nicely renovated property. Quiet room, comfortable bed. Full house but you would never have guessed because the entire hotel was quiet, even with traveling girls softball teams staying there. Breakfast was good with pancake machine, eggs, bacon, and fruit. We stayed Saturday night. After breakfast we took a walk of the downtown area. Stately homes and properties along the river were well kept. A War Memorial across from the courthouse honored veterans from all conflicts since the Civil War is very well done. The architecture of the downtown and nearby homes was worth the walk. Staff at the desk were very helpful with information about the town and area attractions. We were returning from a class reunion in Pennsylvania. When we told classmates we were staying in Warren, they would ask, "Where are you going to stay in Warren? Implying there was no good place to stay or reason to go to Warren. The stay at the Best Western Park hotel was great and downtown Warren worth the stop and stay. We would stay there again, perhaps in five years.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Russell,
Thank you for the kind words of your stay here at the Best Western Park Hotel in the beautiful downtown Warren, Ohio. We are pleased to know you had a nice stay while visiting old friends. We are proud of the cleanliness and hospitality that we have here and it is always nice to hear that our guests recognize this as well. It is also nice to hear when a family can get outside and enjoy the history of our town. I encourage everyone to walk to the nearby restaurants and stop and listen to the music on a Friday or Saturday night. I hope we will see you again soon.
Michelle- Asst. GM
Kennewick, Washington
Reviewed July 22, 2014

This is a nicely renovated/restored 1880's hotel in downtown Warren. The character is still there but the rooms are clean and comfortable, (except for the pillows which are too firm.) The place is spotless, staff is friendly and accommodating, tasty breakfast every morning, USA Today at the front desk. Controlled parking in back. Would stay there again in a minute, would just bring my own pillow!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Michelle S, Manager at Best Western Park Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for completing the survey of your recent stay here at Best Western Park Hotel, where you stay with people who care. Your opinion and satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave to implement improvements to ensure an exceptional experience for you and all our guest's.
Thank you for taking the time to recognize the staff and management efforts in maintaining a very clean environment with character and class. If I can provide any assistance please don't hesitate to call 330-393-1200.
Michelle-Asst. GM
Severna Park, United States
Reviewed July 21, 2014

This hotel has received a marvelous transformation. Everything is new and up-to-date. I have stayed here many times in the past and this time was absolutely wonderful. They moved the breakfast from the basement and made it cheerful and bright. The windows were washed in my room and were all new. The bath was no longer out of the 50's.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Michelle S, Manager at Best Western Park Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Rodney,
Thank you for completing the survey of your recent stay here at Best Western Park Hotel, where you stay with people who care. I hope you all had a great time. We certainly strive to exceed the expectations of all our guests and especially the ones who know what used to to be and can appreciate the after math. I hope will we will see you all again soon. We loved having the beautiful cars here in our lot. Thank you again for choosing our hotel.
Michelle- Asst. GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warren
Avalon Inn and Resort
Hampton Inn & Suites Niles/Warren
Holiday Inn Express Youngstown North (Warren/Niles)
Fairfield Inn Warren Niles
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Warren
Holiday Inn Express Lordstown / Newton Falls / Warren

Been to Best Western Park Hotel? Share your experiences!