“Excellent restaurant” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Chophouse

The Chophouse
Ranked #1 of 126 Restaurants in Warren
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Scenic view, Bar scene, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New Paltz, NY
“Excellent restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

The Chophouse was convenient to the hotel we stayed at - right next door, sharing a parking lot. We ate here twice - once for appetizers and drinks, and the next night for a family dinner. The restaurant is expansive - we were able to seat our family of nine plus two toddlers. Also, there are wide porches outside for the kids to run around in when they get "antsy." One downside - the bathrooms were down a long flight of stairs - not accessible for people with disabilities.

The menu was large and varied - good selection of appetizers and entrees, even satisfactory for my vegan nephew and his fiancee. There was Copper River salmon on the menu when we were there - a very seasonal fish - prepared nicely. I would say that the prices are higher than most local restaurants, but on a par with the rest of the country.

Our servers were both friendly, without being obsequious. I would eat at the Chophouse again.

Canfield, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome food and service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

I hosted a bridal shower at The Chophouse, and I was delighted by the staff's attention to detail and their excellent service. Shortly after I arrived, the manager introduced himself to me and told me to let him or my assigned server know if there was anything that I needed. Our server was on top of things from the very beginning. If I owned a restaurant, I would definitely want this gracious and hard-working young lady on staff. She even made a special point to say good-bye to the bride and wish her a happy wedding day. Small details made the event memorable--from a personalized menu with the bride's name on it to the presentation of the food itself--everything was perfect. I will definitely be back. I highly recommend The Chophouse.

1 Thank 171Judy
Washington, Pennsylvania
“Excellent food with a great view of Avalon Lakes Golf Course”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

During a recent golf trip several memmbers of our group of 30 golfers ate at the Chaophouse, which was conveniently located next to the Magnuson Grand Hotel, where we we staying. The food was top notch and the view of the golf couse was grand. The folks at our table ordered a variety of steaks and everyone commented how well theirs was prepared. Although the service was somewhat, slow we didn't mind it because they kept the drinks coming!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Newport Beach, California
“Love this place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2014

Came out from California and have been to this restaurant three times. I believe it's the best restaurant in the area. They are extremely accommodating and the food is amazing! I tried the walleye for the first time and it was amazing. Definitely will come back here when we are in town!

• Visited May 2014
Warren, Ohio
“Excellence in Bartending!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

The Chophouse has a really comfortable bar ( the music selection could be enhanced by Sinatra,Bennett, and Ella) however, the main bartender - Jenna- is amazing! She is the total package! Knowledge of drinks, preciseness of mixing, personality plus, and always makes you feel like your the only one in the bar! Stop in and enjoy your drink prepared by Jenna. You will not be disappointed !!!

• Visited May 2014