“Good food but wait for specials” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Chophouse

The Chophouse
Ranked #1 of 126 Restaurants in Warren
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Business meetings, Scenic view, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ohio
“Good food but wait for specials”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

The food is great, but I would not pay full price since the regular prices are very expensive. They have several good deals. The decor and staff is very nice.

Youngstown, Ohio, United States
“The best meal I've ever had.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

To make a nice evening out at a restaurant, several elements are crucial:
setting: you can dress up a bit, or come in off the golf course.
service: our waitress was simply the best. Instead of asking, "Is everything all right?" she asked, "Isn't it just perfect?"
And it was!!!!!!!!!!!
Food: the selection is large, and my steak medallions and crab cakes were cooked to perfection. makes me want to get a job there!!!
Value: Go before 6 pm and you'll be amazed at the low prices!

Visited April 2012
2 Thank Glenda M
Shreveport, La
“Completely Overrated”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

I've been a long-term guest at the hotel next to the Chophouse while I am in town for work. I have visited three times total and been mostly disappointed overall. For the price you pay, the food is completely sub-par and the service has been terrible each time. My husband actually came to visit me and we made The Chophouse our last meal. It took nearly 10 minutes of waiting before we were approached for a drink order. The steaks are good quality, but there was no seasoning on them at all, so the flavor was blah. My husband found a piece of paper in his mashed potatoes and when we told the waitress, the response was completely indifferent (and I would've expected a manager to visit, but apparently he had more important thing to attend to at the bar). The fact that I paid nearly $100, had paper in the food, steaks with no seasoning and wait staff that didn't seem eager to please (or in any kind of hurry) was just disappointing.
Also, on another occasion I was there, a coworker found out there is a price increase from ordering a drink at the bar and ordering at the table (this was asked about/complained about and it was NOT a happy hour, just more money while in the dining room. Doesn't exactly seem right to me.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank fer1219
Youngstown, Ohio
“horrible horrible service... ok food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

we were semi greeted by a hostess, who was on the phone.. not taking reservations, not taking a to go order, but talking on the phone casually... she asked how many and where we would like to sit, while on the phone , we were seated immediately.We then waited 15 minutes, before my husband had to go ask if we could ge waited on.Another 5 minutes and we put in our drink order, and the appetizer at the same time. The appetizer came out BEFORE OUR DRINKS!!! Appetizer was angry lobster rolls... they were pretty good. We ordered our food , I ordered the filet sinatra(filet , hot peppers,mushrooms and onions in marinara) pittsburgh rare, my hubby ordered the ribeye medium.... temperatures were mixed up on both steaks....but both tasted good.we didnt want to wait any longer. to fix... my husband ordered another drink and had to ask if they could get it after waiting 15 minutes. The dessert was incredible(baklava sundae... we split it!) service was horrible!!!... food was pretty good.... price was on the high end... atmosphere beautiful.. we dont think we would go back or recommend...

• Visited July 2012
VIENNA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“beyond expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2012

The absolute best value in the area.The food is excellent and the view overlooking the golf course just adds to the best dining around.The $15.95 special cannot be beat.the filet of sirloin and filet mignon were tender and juicy. the "cherry fries" are great, as is the lobster mac & cheese, very good bloody mary also. the staff is excellent and very friendly and they can answer and questions about anything on the menu. this is "the place" you won't be disappointed.

• Visited April 2012